Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
A Chilling And Awe-Inspiring Malaysia Air Flight 370 Story
1  2  3  Next

potatoes

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 8:28 pm
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/41764

observer

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 8:39 pm
Wow.....truly amazing...

naomi2

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 8:41 pm
wow, I have the chills.......

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 8:43 pm
Wow! Thanks for sharing!

happyone

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 9:14 pm
wow!! wow!!! wow!!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 9:55 pm
shabbos hayom la'hashem ... & andy ... miraculous

[not so much for everyone else]

cholenteater

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 10:06 pm
Amazing!!! Wow! Ein Od Melvado!

chocolate fondue

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 4:34 am
Wow! Thanks for sharing!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 7:00 am
If anyone can find that travel agent's phone number, POST IT! Very Happy

grace413

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 7:24 am
While I was also touched by this story, it raised some questions for me.

How would I react if this happened to me? (OK I mean something similar of hashgacha pratis as I'm not planning on flying on Shabbat anyway). If I pushed myself to avoid an aveira or do a mitzvah and saw a gigantic immediate reward, would I change my life? How? Do you think this man will now become totally Shomer Shabbat or give more tzedaka or make other major changes in his life?

People in the business world often have shaylas re what is their obligation, in business terms, to Jewish clients about non-halachic practices. Is it assur for a travel agent to book a flight for a Jew on Shabbat? (many years ago, way before internet I know somebody who got a psak that it was mutar as the person would do it anyway). Could refusing to book a flight be considered giving tochacha that would not be accepted? (It seems that in this story the agent knew the customer well enough to be comfortable that the customer would not be insulted).

Should a lawyer/accountant/financial advisor comment to a client about his non-observance which comes to light in a business related conversation?

Just some thoughts I had after reading the article.

Growing

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 7:27 am
Thanks for sharing

ss2

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:18 am
Amazing!!

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:21 am
grace413, I thought of those issues as well.

I was also pleasantly surprised by how this customer was persuaded to change his plans. "Gee, I really should be more observant." The travel agent's advise may not have been so well-received by other Jews.

I know my parents, for example, would be annoyed if their travel agent told them not to fly on Shabbat, no matter how gentle his rebuke. "Who is this guy to tell me when to fly? His job is to book tickets, not advise me on spiritual matters! I'm using someone else next time! These Orthodox people are insane!" Sad

b from nj

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:28 am
I shared this story with my DH last night & he was doubting if it was even true (& he is not usually the skeptic-I am more of the skeptic).

He could not believe that someone would say, "you know what I think I want to be more observant & maybe I will change that Saturday flight". He is VERY doubtful whether this story is really true. I am willing to believe that it is but thinks it sounds very fishy to him.

myself

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:54 am
b from nj wrote:
I shared this story with my DH last night & he was doubting if it was even true (& he is not usually the skeptic-I am more of the skeptic).

He could not believe that someone would say, "you know what I think I want to be more observant & maybe I will change that Saturday flight". He is VERY doubtful whether this story is really true. I am willing to believe that it is but thinks it sounds very fishy to him.

Well, I would just assume that Hashem put those thoughts into his head in order to save him.
I think that the fact that his reaction was unusual actually highlights the miracle even more.

b from nj

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:58 am
myself wrote:
Well, I would just assume that Hashem put those thoughts into his head in order to save him.
I think that the fact that his reaction was unusual actually highlights the miracle even more.

But seriously, how do we know it's true? This story has no identifying information.

myself

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 9:01 am
b from nj wrote:
But seriously, how do we know it's true? This story has no identifying information.

You're right. You and I don't know, but I'm sure those who know DansDeals personally can verify the story.

b from nj

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 9:15 am
myself wrote:
You're right. You and I don't know, but I'm sure those who know DansDeals personally can verify the story.

They should!!

Barbara

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 9:22 am
b from nj wrote:

Not only do I doubt it (travel agents tell people to make their own reservations? -- uhh, doubt that), I truly HATE those types of stories. 239 people are missing, presumed dead. They have parents and spouses and kids who love them. I don't know why they died. But I'm not going to gloat about one person who allegedly avoided the flight, when so many others are gone.

potatoes

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 9:23 am
If you are skeptical, you can always email Dan from Dan's deals for verification.
Yes, I know Dan personally.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational