Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Video of a Rebbi Hitting a Child - Trigger Warning
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:58 am
amother wrote:
This is still good, compared to what's going on in New Square.
My brother was "hanged" in this cheder with his feet barely touching the floor. He wasn't ten yet.
Another boy was stripped naked in front of his class.
Shall I go on??

what?!? stripped naked??? what does that even mean?

myself

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:59 am
tigerwife wrote:
I would call this abuse:
-If the child actually had marks from being hit

I know this is off topic but just mentioning that some kids mark easily. You can tap my DS on his arm and he'll have a bright red mark as though he were severely slapped. B'h he has no health issues but bruises and marks easily.

Back on topic. I've come to the conclusion that many rebbeim are simply not trained to teach and have no clue how to discipline. You never see this type of thing in a girls school because they use other discipline techniques. We need to campaign for educated educators!

(Note: I haven't watched the video)

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:59 am
My heart hurts. The poor boy is shielding his face and he looks terrified. He's so big and the cries coming from him are so small. And all I see is the boy on the side looking on.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:04 pm
chavs wrote:
What happened when your parents found out?

Also have any of the children grown up and taken their rebbe's to court or contacted the police?

How in the world can this take place?

Not the quoted amother (I'm the first amother) My parents had very little power to do anything. I remember my father called the rebbe, who said my brother was making it sound worse than it was. That was it.

To answer question 2, not that I know of. But the whole moisdes should be taken to court, IMO.

Answer to 3: In the name of religion....

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:09 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Has anyone ever tried stopping this public abuse? Do people actually commend these rebbes for their chinuch techniques? It looks like enough children have been damaged already based on the above posts. It's so sad.

I just clarified with my mom it didn't happen to my brother, he told her what had happened in school that day. My mom called the vaad hachinuch to report the abuse, they went ahead and told the principal who called and what they said the idiot principal went into the teachers lounge and announced for everyone to hear the names of the parents who called and what they said.
The following year the teacher was fired. The principal was fired 2 years later.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:15 pm
chavs wrote:

How in the world can this take place?

amother wrote:

Answer to 3: In the name of religion....

If that's the reasoning, then it is no wonder this kid went OTD.
If a rebbe abuses his students in the name of yiddishkeit (and not his own anger-management skills), who knows what else these kids are learning?

marina

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:17 pm
BlueRose52 wrote:
For those who couldn't access the Facebook link, here's the video on Youtube:

the link doesn't work. I will try to figure out how to post the link w/out FB

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:18 pm
BTW, it's no secret as to who took the video. Obviously, I wont post it, but just saying.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:18 pm
Raw wrote:
Marina, is there any way I can watch this without a Facebook account?

Somebody already posted it, but I don't have a facebook account and I was able to see it.

Oy!!

bubbebia

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:22 pm
This is horrifying! But it will only stop when we as parents force it to stop. We need to pull our kids out of the schools and stop giving them a dime. There is no excuse for this behavior. And I'm not buying the "this is the way it's always been done" thing. If parents were seen doing something like this they'd be in jail on child abuse charges. Why, then, is it acceptable in our schools? We, the parents, need to stop accepting this behavior.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:25 pm
IIRC this rebbi is a melamed in a Monsey cheder now!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:28 pm
This is awful, and there is no justification for such abuse ever.
But why did this video surface now, when it occurred in 2008?

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:33 pm
ouch!! I feel like keeping my kids home and hugging them tight...
bh my son loves is rebbe and when I asked if the rebbe punishes he sounded suprized...

im confused how this was taped?? these boys look about 10 yrs old.

marina

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:37 pm
amother wrote:

what.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:43 pm
It will stop the day many/most parents decide it stops.

That said yes, some bruise or mark very easily. As a kid my arms and legs were full of bruises just from playing.

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 1:01 pm
I'm nauseous. it looks like he hit the boy on the ear. this person really belongs in jail. why are ppl like this allowed near precious, innocent children????!!!!

malkacooks

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 1:06 pm
amother wrote:

Please let us know which one. The parents in that school have a right to know

BlueRose52

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 1:10 pm
marina wrote:
the link doesn't work. I will try to figure out how to post the link w/out FB

Looks like YouTube removed it. Try this link: http://dai.ly/x1i2fnq

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 1:10 pm
let me start by saying that I am not pro corporal punishment in any way shape or form, but I don't yell "abuse!!" any time I hear about hitting a child.
this however is absolutely abuse. first of all, it's in front of the whole class while all the boys are watching, lending a component of emotional abuse. second of all, you could hear the anger in the teacher's voice. if hitting is ever an appropriate punishment, it should be meted out under circumstances where the adult has control over his/her emotions. This rebbi clearly didn't, as the harder he yelled, the harder he hit. I hope the camera boy wasn't the next victim. if he wasn't afraid of that, I'd imagine the video would last longer than 6 seconds.
p.s. no they don't hit in girl's schools but in elementary I was told in several instances that if hitting were allowed, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 1:17 pm
To above amother....."IF hitting is appropriate"? When Is a teacher hitting a student EVER appropriate? Are you for real??!!!!
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics