Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
VERY PUBLIC THANK YOU TO CHABAD IN MEXICO!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 2:07 pm
My little brother was on vacation in Playa Del Carmen when he was randomly attacked by a group of ten guys; he ended up with a front tooth knocked out, a jaw fracture and a few other minor issues and was rushed to hospital by ambulance in Cancun.

We live many thousands of miles away and had no clue who to turn to. I desperately posted on an international FB group asking for help, and the support of Chabad families in those areas who stepped forward to try and help was unbelievable. As we speak, we have spoken to 3 different Chabad families (one is an Israeli shaliach)- they are all sending people to help, and one of them even sent a bochur to wait 2-3 hours so my brother is not alone when he comes out of surgery.

Aside from sending donations to the different Chabads, I wanted to publicly thank Chabad for all their hard work and service, especially those who lives in places some of us may not wish to live.
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO YOU ALL.

(anon because many people know about this and I do not want to give up my SN)

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 2:22 pm
anon because this story is a bit personal -
we went to playa del carmen for our honeymoon, and I got my period the week before (notttt expected- was on birth control). being that our hotel was a wedding gift and was mega expensive- it was non changeable and non refundable. it meant that on the third night of our honeymoon I would have to go to a mikvah. to make a long story short. the chabad rebbitzen in cancun is a tzadeikes. the extent to which she and her husband went out of their way to accomidate us, is something we will never forget, for the rest of our lives.
yes we left them a hefty donation, and still send money Smile.
chabad of caancun rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let me second what the OP said!!!

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 2:29 pm
COOOOOL!

Yaaaay!

Mi k'amcha Yisroel

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 2:47 pm
it's amazing when people step up to help a total stranger ... thank you for sharing

how is your brother now - refuah shelaima !!!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 2:58 pm
greenfire wrote:
it's amazing when people step up to help a total stranger ... thank you for sharing

how is your brother now - refuah shelaima !!!

OP here: So amazing. I am beyond grateful.

He just came out of surgery and I am getting really emotional when I think how he must have been really nervous, thinking he would be all alone, and seeing that someone has been waiting all this time- just so he isn't left alone. (my "little" brother is 25, but I am quite a bit older, so I think of him as my baby too!)

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 5:05 pm
They have something, Chabad.

They are not for everybody, but let's face it

they have something. They DO IT.

They are THERE. I am SO impressed your brother didn't wake up alone.

This is conceded almost all over and is worth noting.

Leadership is a mysterious material and is much less common than genius, and that isn't common either.

But leadership is rare, rare, rare, and precious, precious, precious. Few, few few. I don't know where it comes from. The Rebbe's mother remarked that of her three sons, that one was always different. She would nagel vasser his little hands before nursing him. I guess not everybody can be like that.

The proof of the kugel is the eating. They were there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational