Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Where in Bklyn can I buy Charedim Matzoh reasonably?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:47 pm
Where in BP/Flatbush can I buy Charedim Matzoh reasonably because KRM is always out of stock?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 11:28 pm
KRM is not much cheaper than the bakery itself. Chareidim was $25 per lb at the Kollel Store this week.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:00 am
ra_mom wrote:
KRM is not much cheaper than the bakery itself. Chareidim was $25 per lb at the Kollel Store this week.
$25???? I dont think so, I think its $27 a pound in KRM/Moishas if you can find it. How much is it in the Chareidim store, where is the store, and what are their hours? Btw, I checked Goldbergs they dont sell Chareidim Matzoh.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 2:20 am
amother wrote:
$25???? I dont think so, I think its $27 a pound in KRM/Moishas if you can find it. How much is it in the Chareidim store, where is the store, and what are their hours? Btw, I checked Goldbergs they dont sell Chareidim Matzoh.
Could be it was $27, don't remember the exact amount but I know it was at least $25 at KRM.
The bakery charges about the same, maybe $26. Again, don't remember the exact number but I know the prices were very comparible.
Call the bakery, they are located on New Utrechty Ave and 43rd Street. 718-854-0597

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 8:19 am
ra_mom wrote:
Could be it was $27, don't remember the exact amount but I know it was at least $25 at KRM.
The bakery charges about the same, maybe $26. Again, don't remember the exact number but I know the prices were very comparible.
Call the bakery, they are located on New Utrechty Ave and 43rd Street. 718-854-0597
Thanks! I was wrong. Charedim is/was $25 in KRM when they have them in stock (rarely). The price was 26.99 in Moishas, interestingly. I used to think the prices in KRM and Moisha's were the same. The bakery is $27. If you call them they say they dont have any.... if you go down they do....

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 8:48 am
I always buy direct from the bakery. it was 25 a lb for shevarim 9broken) and 27 a lb for shleimim. Public service anouncement. , the shleimim are o thin, that they are usually shevarim. we have taken to buying 5 lbs of boro park maatzah so that we can make lechem mishna. we buy mustly shevarim from the bakery.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 4:47 pm
Anyone know prices per pound, and availability in Brooklyn, this year?

Simy

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 4:56 pm
I just bought in moishas 64 dollars x 2 pounds. A crazy price but its the best and so light that it comes more in the box. They have broken and not broken so make sure you read the label. There were only couple left of the. Non broken ones!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 5:15 pm
They're not available cheaply.
You can walk in to the matzo bakery direct and order by the pound (they're not taking phone orders). $31 per pound (I guess that's a dollar cheaper than above mentioned Moishe's price). Or $36 per pound of whole wheat.
KRM had shevarim (broken) for $28 per pound but you had to spend $50 of non sale items (I think they're gone already, an hour ago there were a few boxes left).
At KRM they told me chareidim matzos are like gold Rolling Eyes and they were rationing how many pounds per family.
Other supermarkets don't sell chareidim.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 5:32 pm
Reasonable???? ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น no matzah is reasonable. And xhareidum is less reasonable then the rest. It's also the best.

At the bakery its 29$ for shevarim and $30 for shleimim. I was there yesterday. And now I'm 735 dollars poorer....

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 5:46 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
Reasonable???? ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น no matzah is reasonable. And xhareidum is less reasonable then the rest. It's also the best.

At the bakery its 29$ for shevarim and $30 for shleimim. I was there yesterday. And now I'm 735 dollars poorer....

Today their prices are a dollar more at the bakery Twisted Evil

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 5:57 pm
I called KRM and a manager said they had them on Sunday but sold out.

Someone else told me that a manager at KRM said they DIDNT have it yesterday (Sunday) and arent carrying Charedim this year.

Which one is true?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 6:28 pm
Mevater wrote:
I called KRM and a manager said they had them on Sunday but sold out.

Someone else told me that a manager at KRM said they DIDNT have it yesterday (Sunday) and arent carrying Charedim this year.

Which one is true?

There are signs on the shelves where the chareidim were yesterday. They were there.
Today they still had a few boxes of chareidim shevarim near the freezer.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 4:23 pm
How much are they a pound this year, and have they started to sell them yet? If yes, where?

sourstix

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:57 pm
Oy this thread is making me cry. Up till last year I bought them and I simply cannot afford them anymore though dh can't really chew anything else I simply can't spend so much money!

I will be missing them๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ข

Which company is anywhere nearly as close as them? Also it's very hard to get them. I sometimes bought them in krm but that was the day after Purim I would literally check the store every day. Ha. But it happening any,ore.

Then the bakery is not easy either.

sourstix

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:59 pm
Usually a family member of mine would take care of it for me. You need to go down there often till you catch some. It goes like hot Cakes!

Btw chareidim matza is not a reasonable price! It ain't gonna ever be cheap. The price is way more then anyone else I know. So you can really take out the wording reasonable

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 8:03 pm
Same as every year. Gets more expensive the closer it gets to pesach. We don't really buy it much because of the cost.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 8:21 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Gets more expensive the closer it gets to pesach.

Today the price quoted was 34/lb for Reg, 38/lb for WW

What might it go up to closer to Pesach?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 8:40 pm
Mevater wrote:
Today the price quoted was 34/lb for Reg, 38/lb for WW

What might it go up to closer to Pesach?

It depends on the day. Often goes up a few dollars per pound in last month bef pesach.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 10:13 pm
We paid $33 a lb last week from the factory itself. I believe the broken ones were $31.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics