Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Nechama's Closet chinese auction...
1  2  Next

ruthanne

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 1:16 pm
Nechama's Closet is an organization in Crown Heights that helps women and kallahs with clothing and sheitlach. Please help us by buying tickets in our auction. You can visit our website at www.nechamascloset.com.
Many Thanks and tizku lemitzvos!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 3:54 pm
it's very worthy cause, but the market is flooded with chinese auctions, and the prices are kind of...stingy.

ruthanne

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 4:11 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
and the prices are kind of...stingy.

What does that mean?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 4:40 pm
did you see the catalog? like a prize that I saw for $5 on another auction is $15 there.

and they're small prizes, too. little variety. very similar to manyother auctions.

they need something NEW to bring ppl in!

ruthanne

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 5:12 pm
I won't take offence to your comments even though my friends and I put together the whole auction. Very Happy

All I can say is, there are tons of auctions all the time and it's very difficult to be original. But we just figured that with nearly 50 prizes and a $10,000 grand prize there would be at least a couple of items that will appeal to everyone.

And hey... who doesn't need $10,000 Rolling Eyes

Also, one has to take into account that all the proceeds go to tzedakah and you can use your maaser money. The auction just makes it a bit more fun than giving your money straight to the organization.

So if you think of it that way then you won't be looking for something reeeeaally original, you'll just be happy to give your maaser to an organization in your own shechuna that you KNOW is definitley worthwhile!

amother

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 7:08 pm
I don't know why you are saying "stingy"
first of all one prize might be cheaper in one auction and in the same auctionanother prize might be more expensive depending on how much they paid to get the prize.
secondly if you do the packages then you are paying half the prize. n
thirdly you'd never get such prizes in any store ,so you are getting a "bargain"
where can you get a piece of furniture or tickets to israel for $36??
or $54 for $10 000 !!!???
fourth- its tzedakah and if this method works then its done over and over.
people who like a thrill and want a prize from G-D (as raffles are from above) this is a great way to go about getting it!

may Hashem bless those who give and with tzedakah we are definitely guaranteed that!!

ruthanne

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 8:40 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know why you are saying "stingy"
first of all one prize might be cheaper in one auction and in the same auctionanother prize might be more expensive depending on how much they paid to get the prize.
secondly if you do the packages then you are paying half the prize. n
thirdly you'd never get such prizes in any store ,so you are getting a "bargain"
where can you get a piece of furniture or tickets to israel for $36??
or $54 for $10 000 !!!???
fourth- its tzedakah and if this method works then its done over and over.
people who like a thrill and want a prize from G-D (as raffles are from above) this is a great way to go about getting it!

may Hashem bless those who give and with tzedakah we are definitely guaranteed that!!

Thx for that! I couldn't have said it any better!

Don't take offence, but just wondering why you are anonymous.

mumoo

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 9:26 pm
ruthanne wrote:
I won't take offense to your comments even though my friends and I put together the whole auction. Very Happy

it's a beautiful website

happyone

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 9:32 pm
Ruthanne, good luck with your auction. I wish you lots of hatzlacha and hope it's very successful!!

ruthanne

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 9:32 pm
mumoo wrote:
ruthanne wrote:
I won't take offense to your comments even though my friends and I put together the whole auction. Very Happy

it's a beautiful website

TY! TY!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 10:15 pm
I hope you're matzliach and can continue to help many people!
tizki l'mitzvos!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 11:09 pm
Ruthanne, it's a nice cause, I bought some tickets. I didnt think it was stingy at all, the computer was very cheap. I hope I win it.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 10:33 am
Hey Purple - I'm winning the computer too. Hope they have 2 of them.

ruthanne

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 10:36 am
We still need those orders so please make a contribution if you haven't done so yet. Very Happy
We have an ad at the top of the page which takes you straight to our website.

Many Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

queen

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 12:32 pm
hatzlacha with auction!

efeige

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 3:17 pm
do you know how many people nechamas closet has helped?its amazing how much good work they do.I have family members who have been helped by this wonderful orgnization. those involved are extraordinarly nice. so I'm telling you all -we should all support such a worthy cause
I've seen the results.! my family just didn't have the extra money to buy clothing and this gmach made a huge difference in our lives. the kallah truly felt like a "queen" at her own party! and I know that I felt like a mentch when I went to shul and finally had something beautiful and decent to wear.
lets buy tickets!!!

amother

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 6:36 pm
hi I just wanted everyone to know that since nechamas closet has begun their auction,I have received many phonecalls.
I volunteer for nechamas closet and I am amazed how many people nechamas closet has helpes and is continuing to help.
many women have called asking for help especially in the area of sheitels.
I felt so bad that I had to tell them to wait until the auction is over so I would have the funds to help them!
PLEASE I URGE ALL OF YOU TO PLEASE TELL PEOPLE TO BUY TICKETS AND SUPPORT OUR WORTHY CAUSE AND MAY HASHEM BLESS YOU ALL BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY.
AS WE ARE APPROACHING LAGBAOMER AND WE ARE AND SEFIRA LET US ALL INCREASE IN AHAVAS YISROEL!

ruthanne

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 10:17 am
Just wanted to let you know that today is the last day to make your order for our auction.

If you haven't yet placed your order then please help us help our community by logging onto www.nechamascloset.com

Tizku Lemitzvos Smile

ganizzy

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 8:58 pm
I think the website and booklet were well done. and I bought tickets. however I have one complaint I got literally 5 calls about the auction and usually at inconvenient times. and if I dont answer then its a 5 min message on the answering machine which also disturbs kids.

tizku lmitzvos, I hope u made alot of money and I hope I won but next time call only once or twice.

shopaholic

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 10:20 am
I got a call nearly every day for the last 2 weeks, but I learned the numbers & didn't pick up.

When will we find out the winners?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics