Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Cold soup recipe

Mrs. Mommy

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 11:33 am
I make soups for supper pretty often, but I feel like it's too hot in the summer for hot soups. Does anyone know of any soups that are good cold, like maybe even a fruit soup or something?

baseballmom

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 11:37 am
I love gazpacho!
Also there is a great honeydew soup in the Kosher Palate II (COming HOme) - really easy and yummy
My DC also love strawberry soup, but to me it seems more like a dessert than an appetizer.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 1:29 pm
I vote for Gazpacho also. Mollie Katzen's is very good (not sure if it's from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest or The Moosewood). I'm pretty sure you can find both in the library.

Seraph

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 1:26 am
Leek and potato soup is good cold.
Also a cucumber yoghurt soup is great!

cindy324

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 2:48 pm
Cherry soup! YUM

Take 2 cans sour cherries (or 2 of those glass jars, although they are more expensive)

Pour cherries with juice into pot, add about 4-5 cups water, add about 3/4-1 cup sugar. bring to a boil and cook about 15 minutes . Remove soup from heat, let it cool for 10 minutes. In a small bowl beat 2 eggs for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, while still beating the eggs , gradually add about 15 TBSP. of the soup to the eggs. You have to keep on beating otherwise the eggs will curdle from the hot soup! Then pour the egg mixture into the soup pot while stirring the soup. Let it cool, refrigerate until cold, but it's really good even lukewarm.

Can also add a tiny dash of cinnamon to the soup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics