Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Best foundation, best matte lipstick?

Mevater

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 11:37 pm
What's your favorite brand and type of each of those?

CAYA

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:22 am
I heard that shaklee is great!

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 12:03 pm
Hands down, no question that Prescriptives cosmetics are the best! They match the foundation and powder exactly to your skin color so there's no foundation "line" at the jaw. My skin looks flawless when I wear it - I love it.

It is pretty expensive, but I only wear foundation when I go out to an occasion or event, so it lasts for a while.

Once they know your coloring based on what they use to mix your foundation then they recommend shades of lipstick, eyeshadow and blush. But I buy that stuff at the drugstore - I don't need any specialized shading for those items.

lamplighter

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:44 pm
I use bare minerals,
it feels light, is all natrual and looks great

faigie

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 6:53 pm
My foundation beats perscriptives hands down. not only do I custom blend the foundation to match the your skin tone in NATURAL light ( as opposed to the fluorescent light of a store, which is not accurate) but I ALSO make it in the correct texture for coverage! as in light for little coverage or heavier for more coverage. Very Happy
its a totally custom made product.

Mevater

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:35 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention that I only wear fragrance free, hypoallergenic though. I hate different smells from different products.

ny21

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:40 pm
I like lancome makeup.

BP MOM

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:43 pm
I use both lancome and mac!

gold21

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 10:57 am
Quote:
They match the foundation and powder exactly to your skin color so there's no foundation "line" at the jaw.

guys!!! I have to comment here cuz I hate that 'foundation line' look!! u MUST blend ur foundation into the top of ur neck as well...!! DONT stop abruptly at the bottom of ur face....and you will look so much more natural... Tongue Out

faigie

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 6:40 pm
hypothetically speaking, with a custom blend and custom made texture product ( foundation) you could stop the makeup at your jawline, and no one would be the wiser..............Yes, the stuff I match is that close to your actual coloring.
for someone with an issue such as rosacia, I generally dont use a liquid foundation at all, using instead a very very high quality shabbos mineral powder, with a rice finishing powder. ( both with anti-inflamatory properties)
I use the same products for those of use with acne issues, with excellent results.
IMHO a liquid foundation, even non comedogenic and water based, is not the product of choice for those of us who have issues of hypersensitivity, early stage healing burns, allergy, post surgical, or intermittent chemo.

gold21

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 10:20 am
I wouldnt wanna use custom blend to skin tone probably
cuz I like to apply something that gives me some color
I am not into coverage, im into color....so matching foundation to skin tone would be sorta pointless for me...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics