Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
WWYD-new job, new situations, please advise

amother

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 8:14 am
hi
ive been offered a teaching position at a new school. its very small, and growing, and I was inspired by the faculty and their mission.

heres the thing- when it comes to dollars and cents, it actually makes NO sense for me to work now. I have 2 kids, a 3 year old (whos in school)and a 16 month old, who ive been home with since shes born.
my dh has a really demanding job in medicine, and hes never available.
the hours start early, so I would need to hire someone to watch and then take my kids to their places.

my dh is supportive with whatever I chose to do. but hes very practical, and realizes he cannot help me.

what should I do. (I know no one can tell me what to actually do, I just feel overwhelmed by this decision)

happybeingamom

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 9:23 am
My personal opinion

You have two very young children a DH with a very demanding job. I would wait to teach until the kids are more independent. Why add more stress to your life. There are so many added stresses that a working mother has especially when her DH can't pitch in at all.

Enjoy the time with your babies without the stress. The baby years go by so quickly.

cfriedman2

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 10:46 am
if you can afford not to work then at this moment it might be best not to. or see if they can do something part time for you?

syrima

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 1:05 pm
if dd is 16 months now, then she will be old enough for a playgroup when September comes.
I would try teaching something part time - not every day - just to get out of the house, keep your toe in the water.
But you certainly want to leave time for grocery shopping and other chores without schlepping 2 toddlers with you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics