Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Girl teased because developing early

Chanie

Post Tue, Sep 28 2004, 8:57 am
I was speaking to a friend the other day who recently moved to a new place. She has a 9 year old daughter who is starting to develope. The girl is already having a hard time being in a new school, adjusting to a new langauge, and making friends. Now the mother found out that some girls were teasing her about it.
I'm wondering if anyone would have any advice on this subject, who might have had a child go through a similiar situation.

Nechama

Post Sun, Oct 03 2004, 1:17 am
This is such a hard thing for girls to go through, Unfortunately, if you develop late it is also a source of agmus nefesh for the girls. I don't think there is any good answer.
Other than - Hashem made me this way.
There is a story about one of the Tannaim (I think) who was very ugly. Someone commented on how ugly he was to look at and he answered, "Go complain to my Maker."
Her Mother should sit with her and explain why we develop and the miracle of it. She is 'lucky' to experience this miracle before all of her friends. It is the Hand of Hashem and nothing to be ashamed about.
I hope something here helps.

AweSumThenSum

Post Wed, Dec 29 2004, 5:53 pm
my advice would be to speak to either the teacher or principal. perhaps it would b a good idea to have either one of them give a light lecture to the class about changes that they may b, or will b, going through.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children