Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Wearing a ruby to prevent a mis

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:10 pm
Sorry wasn't sure where to place this....
Atime was kind enough to mail me a ruby. It came as a necklace.
Does that mean when I I"H get pregnant, I should put on the necklace right away and not take it off at all even for shower and sleeping?
Thanks....

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:19 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry wasn't sure where to place this....
Atime was kind enough to mail me a ruby. It came as a necklace.
Does that mean when I I"H get pregnant, I should put on the necklace right away and not take it off at all even for shower and sleeping?
Thanks....

Someone told me that you have to rinse it off before wearing because it can be blocked. You can rinse under water but if you go to the Mikvah you can dip it and also dipping at the beach is another place. I ran into a lady who used to work in my office and she randomly started talking about my neckless. I wasn't wearing a ruby but it was a different stone of which she instructed me as I mentioned above. She spoke of other stones as well and mentioned that they all have to be rinsed before you wear them.

busydev

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:20 pm
my rav told me to put it on after mikva (so would be on from conception) and to wear it till I got my period or until I was in active labor.
it should be worn under your shirt (against your skin). some people attach it to their bra instead of wearing it on the chain. it should be in contact with your skin at all times. yes even when you shower. I replaced the gold chain I got it on, with a piece of fishing wire, so the chain wouldnt be visible by my neckline.
hatzlocha!

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:29 pm
Yes, wear it under your clothes (I never had it visible) against your chest and do not remove it even when you shower. Take it off when you go into labor or are ready to go into labor...

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:32 pm
Thanks everyone for the replies....
Wearing a necklace to sleep will be an adjustment for me but well worth it of course....

busydev

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:43 pm
def well worth it Smile
I was missing it after... the one I had by ds1's pregnancy had a wire piece to put the chain thru and the wire would always catch to the inside of my shell and I had to adjust it a few times a day. I would often catch myself reaching for it to fix it after he was born Wink

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 2:55 am
I'm wearing mine close to my skin, I haven't taken it off since I bought it. Was told to wear it from mik night but only got it after I found out I was pg.

Currently 36 weeks pg for the first time after 2 early mc's Smile

It's well worth it. I think I'm going to take it off at 38 weeks.

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 5:58 am
Was told from second ultrasound (the one with heartbeat not the "dating" one) until you are ready to go in labour/last month.
Some hold it can be a ring.

working hard

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 8:20 am
I got one when I went into labor at 32 weeks. I took it off when I went into labor at 37 weeks. In the end the labor stopped and I did not give birth until 2 weeks later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational