Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Which profession?

amother

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 7:39 pm
I have a B.A. in Psychology with Occupational therapy prerequisites. I planned on becoming an occupational therapist, but B'h my 3 adorable children kept me way to busy and I felt that there was no way to juggle intense schooling while my kids are so young. Well, now I feel like Im just sitting around wasting my time, and I feel really depressed about it. I cannot see myself going back to school, especially for something as challenging as OT.
In addition, I have come to know myself better, and I realize that I am not much of a people person. I like my quiet and privacy, and dont enjoy socializing constantly. The therapies definitely require outgoing people, no?
Anyway, does anyone have any advice or suggestion as to what proffession I should look into? I was thinking maybe graphics? Any graphic designers out there who can tell me which program they did, what the job entails and how much do graphic designers make? TIA

Sherri

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 7:56 pm
Are you so sure that to be an occupational therapist one must be outgoing?
Can you handle lots of one-on-one time?

amother

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 9:47 am
OP here. The actual job may not be just for outgoing people, but I feel like in all the therapies, one has to be a "macher" sort of, in order to be successful.

Sherri

Post Fri, May 30 2014, 1:32 pm
In the sense of being an entrepreneur?

gande

Post Fri, May 30 2014, 5:17 pm
I have dealt with many ots. You have to be hardworkingband creative. I actualy appreciate my modest therapists more than the ones who are busy saying how much thier helping ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics