Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
ALARMING! Please Only Respond If You Support Vaccinations
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

seeker

Post Fri, May 30 2014, 5:14 pm
imokay wrote:
Find the moms who have had kids harmed by these diseases.... Give back an emotional response as well....
Yes, like that.

mirror

Post Fri, May 30 2014, 5:33 pm
seeker wrote:
Yes, like that.

I am fully willing to cooperate with your project, but I don't think it will work.

If you say "women miscarried because of measles" they will reply that even vaccinated people get measles and that it's all propaganda for the doctors to make money.

If you say that "polio made people sick" they will say it's not true.

amother

Post Fri, May 30 2014, 6:57 pm
Shira9 wrote:
Except that the ones claiming religious exemption (at least the ones I know) have no clue what it means! They only know there's a term "religious exemption" and figure that the DOH know there are plenty of things we as Jews can't do, so make this another one. religion aside, if g-d forbid someone's child contacted a disease which they could've vaccinated against and the child is left w repercussions - death, hearing loss... (I.e. meningitis), how on earth will that mom continue her life w/o a guilty conscience?

The DOH isn't that dumb. Besides, it's not only Jews. And you can't vaccinate against all strains of meningitis either. And not all vaccines prevent against disease with serious repercussions but I digress.

5*Mom

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 2:38 pm
Wow, a lot goes on when it's Shabbos over here.

I'm with MaBelleVie, everything she said.

imokay wrote:
Find the moms who have had kids harmed by these diseases.... Give back an emotional response as well....

I disagree with this. It feels manipulative, just as the PEACH tactics feel manipulative. This "fight fire with fire" business sounds a little over-the-edge to me. Better to keep your wits about you and present real, rational information. Don't use the same manipulative scare tactics as these PEACH nuts. And when you do present real information, do it the way MaBelleVie suggests. Don't whitewash and don't make it a "trust those who know" issue.

sped

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 4:38 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
People who are educated properly can read things critically and determine which factors are most important in determining whether what they're reading is reliable, valid and credible.

People who are not educated properly don't even have the skills for basic critical thinking.

I know of some very highly educated people who are extremely anti-vaccine. If you look at who is antivax in Israel, for example, a big group is what is called "North Tel Aviv" - highly educated, well-to-do leftist liberals.

Culturedpearls

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 8:13 pm
How about a FB page for Frum Pro vaxers?
We can include studies & info.
Admittedly many whom Peach is targeting are not on the internet but it's a way to get info out.

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 9:52 pm
sped wrote:
I know of some very highly educated people who are extremely anti-vaccine. If you look at who is antivax in Israel, for example, a big group is what is called "North Tel Aviv" - highly educated, well-to-do leftist liberals.

But that isn't the population most at risk for being negatively influenced by Peach.

amother

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:02 pm
Vaccinations are very safe, it's been proven. Every single child in the UK should have had polio, mumps, rubella, TB, and a few more I can't remember. I'm about to have hepatitis B as it's compulsory for nursing and medical students.
I think you should take all the vaccinations you can get personally.

mammala120

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:17 pm
we must remember the following when analyzing whether vaccines are safe or not and whether to vaccinate or not.

1. WE ARE NOT ALL CREATED EQUAL. our lifestyle and genetic makeup will determine what response we will have to the vaccine and ingredients in it. IF your body or your child did not have negative reaction to particular vaccines, does not mean that the vaccine is safe for other individuals.

2. THE TRUTH IS: OTHER INGREDIENTS IN VACCINES-ARE-CHEMICALS. the truth is YES there are loads of chemicals in vaccines. maybe instead of attacking people and convincing them to vaccinate or not to vaccinate, we need to make a group and attack the vaccine manufactures (Merk and Proctor Silecs) to replace the chemicals with more safe ingredients.

3. for PRO VACCINE individuals: if you believe in protection of vaccine, why are you so worried to expose your child to unvaxed kids?

4. there are miliions of infections in the world. vaccines will not protects against all of them. Hashem will, so DAVEN and stop worrying about unvaxed kids.

I personally neither pro and neither anti vax. I vaxed most of my kids fully until my child had really bad vaccine reaction , now I just take it easy and continue with research. I do give MMR and tetanus since it is most prevalent. the rest is up to hashem.

imokay

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:19 pm
mammala120 wrote:
we must remember the following when analyzing whether vaccines are safe or not and whether to vaccinate or not.

1. WE ARE NOT ALL CREATED EQUAL. our lifestyle and genetic makeup will determine what response we will have to the vaccine and ingredients in it. IF your body or your child did not have negative reaction to particular vaccines, does not mean that the vaccine is safe for other individuals.

2. THE TRUTH IS: OTHER INGREDIENTS IN VACCINES-ARE-CHEMICALS. the truth is YES there are loads of chemicals in vaccines. maybe instead of attacking people and convincing them to vaccinate or not to vaccinate, we need to make a group and attack the vaccine manufactures (Merk and Proctor Silecs) to replace the chemicals with more safe ingredients.

3. for PRO VACCINE individuals: if you believe in protection of vaccine, why are you so worried to expose your child to unvaxed kids?

4. there are miliions of infections in the world. vaccines will not protects against all of them. Hashem will, so DAVEN and stop worrying about unvaxed kids.

I personally neither pro and neither anti vax. I vaxed most of my kids fully until my child had really bad vaccine reaction , now I just take it easy and continue with research. I do give MMR and tetanus since it is most prevalent. the rest is up to hashem.

Um, u sound very anti vax to me....

seeker

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:22 pm
imokay wrote:
Um, u sound very anti vax to me....
That, and under-informed.

mammala120

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:26 pm
[quote="seeker"]That, and under-informed.[/quo

in what aspect EXACTLY.

just to let you know I am sure I am much more informed and educated then you are.

mammala120

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:28 pm
seeker wrote:

looks like you don't like and don't want to hear the TRUTH

mammala120

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:
Vaccinations are very safe, it's been proven. Every single child in the UK should have had polio, mumps, rubella, TB, and a few more I can't remember. I'm about to have hepatitis B as it's compulsory for nursing and medical students.
I think you should take all the vaccinations you can get personally.

proven safe by who. some proofs will be appreciated. I see you are a nursing student. well I am a Nurse and been to Nursing school and hospitals. I am fully immunized, and believed in safety of vaccines untill my own child got hurt from it. now I am rethinking its safety and researching for solutions if there are any out there.

out-of-towner

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:40 pm
[quote="mammala120"]
seeker wrote:
That, and under-informed.[/quo

in what aspect EXACTLY.

just to let you know I am sure I am much more informed and educated then you are.

The title of this thread says clearly that it is for Pro-Vaxxers only. We pro vaxxers are sick and tired of our every motives being questioned despite bringing reliable (in my case peer-reviewed articles posted in well known academic journals) reasoning to vax.

Believe me, I agree with you that there are a lot of unknowns when it comes to vaccinating, but I firmly believe that the benefits by far outweigh the risks. I assume that you are fairly young, as I am, and do not remember when polio struck the States, or smallpox (which was eradicated by the vaccine, this is why it is no longer around). But those who remember do not want a repeat.

And why am I concerned about other children around mine who aren't vaccinated? A few reasons. One, no one denies that some vaccines are not 100% foolproof, so I don't want my children at risk for getting them if you decide not to vaccinate. Two, some of my children are too young to be vaccinated. The latest measles outbreak included kids who were voluntarily unvaccinated. But it was transmitted to some kids who were TOO YOUNG to be vaccinated. Why should my baby be at risk for measles and its complications C"V because you decided not to vaccinate? Finally, some children cannot be vaccinated for health reasons, if that is the case then I need to rely on herd immunity.

That is the last I should have to say about this on this thread. This thread is not a place for debating vaccines. Start your own thread, or revive old ones. Let Pro-Vaxxers vent please!

Oh, and BTW if anyone wants a copy of the paper that I did on this topic, please feel free to PM me. it has more to do with American Social Policy than the actual effect of vaccines, but whatever!

amother

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:40 pm
seeker wrote:

Can you please elaborate what she's under-informed about?

imokay

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:45 pm
mammala120 wrote:

Just wanted to respond, tho I prob shudnt, bc this thread is not meant to b a debate as per the subject line. Tho of course it just turned into one.

1. Of course. But odds of adverse reaction, tho possible, r extremely rare and unlikely.
2. Most of 'alarming' sounding ingredients are in minute amounts our bodies can safely handle and are even found naturally and have been rigorously tested for safety. Ex:aluminum, formaldehyde (a pear contains more than what's in the vaccine)
3. Sigh. This q has been answered numerous times. Ppl ask it like "aha, I got u! So there!" oy. It's not like that at all. Some simple answers, no vaccine is 100% effective and it unbalances the herd immunity effect.
4. Completely nonsensical. Of course daven, but Hashem wants us to do our hishtadlus. According to ur theory y wud u even bother w the mmr and tetanus vaccines?!

imokay

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:47 pm
Btw, I checked out the links I posted and it had some clear, summarized, simple info that anyone can understand.... I would recommend taking the time to read through their stuff.....

Scotty

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:49 pm
Vey Zmir.

I always tell anti-vaccinators to RESEARCH what it is we're vaccinating AGAINST, and they'll run to the doctor for the shots before they can finish hyperventilating.

Seriously, has any anti-vax mom ever REALLY read on what polio is?!?!?!? And that's just the first step. It nauseates me. Be safe and be glad Hashem has given us the priceless opportunity to avoid such piteous and painful agony!!!!

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, May 31 2014, 10:56 pm
Mammala120, what degree do you have?
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics