Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
You Know You're A Mom When...
1  2  Next

skymile

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 12:44 pm
I saw this on another forum and thought it was cute... feel free to add...

you know the fastest way to heat/cool off food for your screaming kids

you could be doing something noisy at night like washing dishes/loading the machine, etc... but can still hear a bed creak from a mile away

you can make a healthy dinner with just 2 ingredients

planning for an important simcha- you know a babysitter is a bigger priority than your sheital/dress

imasinger

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 12:50 pm
... every conversation you have with your DH somehow winds up being about the kids.

..."the house is too quiet" doesn't mean you are lonely; it means someone is getting nto something.

mandr

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 2:15 pm
You know exactly which public restrooms have a changing table thingie

You use the changing table even though you always thought it was disgustingly germ-coated. (Of course you have disposable changing papers so your kid doesn't touch it).

You carry a pocket aerosol Lysol in your purse.

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 2:58 pm
you can't stop talking baby talk! (oh, no, a boo-boo! lemme kiss that icky boo-boo)

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 3:10 pm
... when your medical knowledge rivals that of Columbia trained pediatricians... you simply glance at a baby's diaper rash and say "oh that's bacterial, he needs Bactroban....".... or you look at the rash on a child's back and say "yeah that's just a heat rash- impetigo has a honey colored crust, chicken pox forms hard liquid-filled bubbles, if it was viral it would be tiny little red dots... so yeah this is just a heat rash"..... LOL

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 4:40 pm
When u finally sit down to meal or snack after feeding the kids and they jump up to ur plate wanting whatever food you have...

cuties' mom

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 5:37 pm
your idea of a vacation is taking a shower without any kids knocking on the door.
when you can identify an asthmatic cry.

lavender_dew

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 8:55 pm
When you rush through your showers in a fraction of the time it used to take you, while frequently shutting the water off because you swear you hear crying (nope, just paranoid...)

acemom

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 9:31 pm
imasinger wrote:
... every conversation you have with your DH somehow winds up being about the kids.

..."the house is too quiet" doesn't mean you are lonely; it means someone is getting nto something.

So true!

(I thought I was the only one!)

kelsorino

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 9:51 am
your clothing is covered in food and spit and you know its pointless to change

ewa-jo

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:03 am
When you find yourself yelling at strangers who do something wrong in the same way you yell at a misbehaving toddler ... as in, someone on the bus grabs your bag to move it and you say 'Excuse me! Don't touch that!' like you're scolding a 2-year-old.

5*Mom

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:36 am
... you find yourself rhythmically rocking your shopping cart full of groceries forward and back, forward and back as you wait at the checkout line, even though you haven't brought any children with you today.

acemom

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:38 am
...when you find yourself pushing anything on wheels back and forth without even realizing....

little_mage

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:42 am
When you automatically ask "How many flowers do you have?" when the little girl at the park shows you her bouquet....

newmammy

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 11:22 am
acemom wrote:
...when you find yourself pushing anything on wheels back and forth without even realizing....

That is so me embarrassed people look at me like I'm nuts.....

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 11:45 am
you shush a sizzling frying pan for making too much noise when the toddler is sleeping. I shush EVERYTHING, even in other people's houses. sigh.

heidi

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 11:50 am
you suck the sauce off the meatballs for your picky eater

abaker

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 11:56 am
5*Mom wrote:
... you find yourself rhythmically rocking your shopping cart full of groceries forward and back, forward and back as you wait at the checkout line, even though you haven't brought any children with you today.

similar, I once found myself swaying side to side while holding a bag of flour and a gallon of juice in my arms, in the checkout line as if rocking a baby to sleep! LOL

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 3:37 pm
your breakfast every day consists of your children's sandwich crusts, the last spoonful of yogurt that they never scoop out, or other forms of leftovers.

animeme

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 5:24 pm
You pour an adult a cup of water or juice and they take it and look at you funny. You realize that by habit you filled it less than halfway. DH is always telling me, "I am not two."
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics