Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ingrown toe nail pain

amother

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 5:54 am
My teenage son had a small prosecedere I n office to take away ingrown toenail it was on Fri. He is in terrible pain today anyone else have this done?How long to heal? Thanks I will also call Dr What .

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 5:59 am
DD had this recently.

Has your son been following directions for preventing an infection? I was told to have DD soak her foot in warm/hot water a couple of times a day and to apply an antibiotic ointment three times a day.

Have you looked at the toe in question? Does it appear red or swollen? If it's red, does the red area extend down the toe? If it does, get him to a doctor immediately because it could be cellulitis.

cbg

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 6:10 am
Rutabaga wrote:
DD had this recently.

Has your son been following directions for preventing an infection? I was told to have DD soak her foot in warm/hot water a couple of times a day and to apply an antibiotic ointment three times a day.

Have you looked at the toe in question? Does it appear red or swollen? If it's red, does the red area extend down the toe? If it does, get him to a doctor immediately because it could be cellulitis.

I agree to soak the foot, maybe add some hydrogen peroxide or Epsom salt, but call the doctor first.

DH had this a few times and it was a painful recovery. Soaking the foot, Neosporin with pain relief, and antibiotics helped some. It took about a week.

But call the doctor to make sure there is no infection, or a tiny piece of the nail pinching the area.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 7:11 am
Op here thanks for replys called Dr. He will be going in to him today . It was red he said I didn't see it

amother

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 7:40 am
Op here thanks for replys called Dr. He will be going in to him today . It was red he said I didn't see it

amother

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 8:17 pm
Op here son went to Dr. He said it is healing OK b"h he should keep on putting on cream twice a day take antibiotics and he also takes motrin for pain thanks! He soaked it tonight in Epsom salt and he said it was terribly painful
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics