Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Gas Prices

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 2:09 pm
I just got an email not to pump gas on May 15 to boycott the high cost of gas. It is now well over $3 a gallon here with the average cost being $3.15. How are you tootsiepies coping with the high cost of gas?

GramaNewYork

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 2:21 pm
It's very upsetting because you know they are taking advantage of us. Gas prices is an excuse for ALL prices to rise. I'm not going to buy gas on May 15th in the off-chance that it actually does something to make them lower their prices.

miriam

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 2:52 am
I try to walk as much as possible. I walk my daughter to school and try not to drive to much. I try to do all my shopping in he same area and at the same time.

micki

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 8:36 am
will someone remind us on the 15th not to pump gas?

greenfire

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 8:49 am
yesterday I saw $3.19 ... shock was glad I didn't need gas ... it is hard to live w/o a car though ...

GramaNewYork

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:15 am
It seems like it would be extremely difficult to live w/o a car in some cities. Where I live, I can tell that the people w/o cars have to put up with things that really add stress to their lives.

I also try to combine trips as much as possible. Generally, once I'm home, I don't go out. Try to do everything at lunchtime from work or on the way home. But I still feel like a slave to OPEC.

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:26 am
I saw $3.27!!!!!!

B"H around the corner was $3.11

imaamy

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:43 am
I live in Southern California and yesterday put $55 "worth" of gas in my tank. Here you drive everywhere, and we just have to live with it, but of course it is affecting our budget. The grocery prices have gone up dramatically in the past few weeks. I will try to remember the 5/15 boycott.

daisy

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:45 am
We just bought gas at Sam's Club yesterday and it was 10 cents less per gallon than the local gas stations (2.98 vs. 3.08 ), so if you are a member, check it out.

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:47 am
Yeah the stop and shop in New Haven has a gas pump.. If you spend more than $50 you get a certificate for .10 off a gallon. Plus if you have a stop&shop card u get .05 off a gallon. So it's almost worth the trip

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:56 am
The boycott on 5/15 will do nothing. Sorry ladies! So what? No one will buy on the 15th, but everyone will stock up on the 14th and/or 16th. That doesn't hurt these mega oil companies at all. Sorry to disappoint you.

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 10:35 am
FINALLY!!! I found the origianl thread...so I don't have to go to the home for dementiabubbies yet.

greenfire

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 10:56 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
FINALLY!!! I found the origianl thread...so I don't have to go to the home for dementiabubbies yet.

at least your a bubbie ... what's my excuse ... anyway figured I would fill up on coffee instead and then just bounce around Bounce
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics