Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Favorite Season
1  2  Next

What's Your Favorite Season?
Winter  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Spring  
 44%  [ 15 ]
Summer  
 35%  [ 12 ]
Fall  
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 34

Motek

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 4:43 pm
My favorite season is Fall. It's also my color in the "Color Me Beautiful" system, and it's also when my favorite Yom Tov comes out - Succos.

After years of school that starts in September, seems it got into my psyche. I also like the feeling of battening the hatches, turning inward, coziness, a quilt. I feel a sense of purpose.

I much prefer putting on a sweater or even bundling up more, to humid-hot weather when you drip Confused and feel the sweat trickling down your back as you walk down the street. You can keep warm by putting on layers, but you can't keep cool when walking down the street if it's 98 degrees and 85% humidity!

proudmom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 4:50 pm
I like spring because its not too cold or too hot. It is just in the middle. I dont like fall because of the cold rainy weather

Tefila

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 4:57 pm
Quote:
I like spring because its not too cold or too hot. It is just in the middle

Ditto there Very Happy

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 5:13 pm
and I LOVE summer. the entire year I wait for it to come. its the only time I can jump out of bed at 6 am and feel refreshed and awake to start my day. I cant stand to be inside while its warm outside and I dont mind the heat. in fact, the hotter the better. anything under 65 degrees is too cold for me.
and the colors of summer are my colors too Smile

Rivka

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 3:46 pm
Lurve the summer! It doesn't really get too humid here, but the day is longer I don't come back at 6pm and it looks like it's midnight outside, I feel I can do more after I get in, even if I am tired.
Plus it actually gets hot (sometimes). Winter is just rain and cold and then you have to spend a fortune on gas coz you are keeping the heat on constantly and then if your heating fails on you you are freezing till the plumber turns up and actually fixes it. By that time it's summer already.

timeout

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 4:26 pm
Fall is the best season for me I love the way the air smells so crisp when winter is coming and colors on the trees are spectacular Very Happy

smile

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 5:15 pm
Same as proudmom

Rivka

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 6:25 pm
SLB I thought you lived in the UK...spring being cold.

miriam

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 7:55 pm
I think the reason I love summer is so much is I can still remember being in high school counting the days til summer vacation. Although I am long from HS, I still get the same exciting memories and feelings of getting ready for camp, being a counselor and just not doing anything for two months.

IndyMom

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 11:38 pm
I love spring - the season of birth. I was born in spring as were my first two children. the trees and flowers become beautifula nd green, then animals start hopping around outside. It is wonderful. Of course where I live now, we barely get a spring -just a yucky winter/rainy season Sad.

roza

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 11:42 pm
ha-ha, I was the only one who likes winter Mr. Green
I mean real winter with all these winter sports and white fields

Pickle Lady

Post Fri, Jun 03 2005, 2:05 am
Am I the only freak that likes all the seasons? LOL

I love all the seasons I wouldn't want to stay in one season for too long.

Falls cause I have had enough of the summer and the trees change color and its get nice and cool and Tishrei.

Winter cause I like the snow...but don't like driving in it

Spring cause all the flowers come out and I have had enough of staying in my apartment.

Summer we can go swimming and see lots of flowers blooming and its my b-day. shock

Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 03 2005, 4:23 am
I agree with pickle lady - I love the seasons! it's what I missed in israel, the lack of seasons!
]
but favourite would be spring - when everything is new, and fresh, and green and beautiful!

smile

Post Fri, Jun 03 2005, 10:41 am
Rivka you are right. but I was not thinking of spring in the uk but in switzerland from where I am from. Smile

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 4:39 pm
I actually believei t or not saw someone sane looking wearing sunglasses in this extremley cold weather and no they were not those special kind Tongue Out

Goldrose6

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 7:04 pm
I love the winter couse then I get to where a jacket and hide anything that might have spilled and I didnt notice or any thing my kids might have left on my persons
in the summer I feel I have to change ever time I go out even just to the store (I like to look presentable) so to with spring, fall is not so bad but winter is defently my fav.
(I do try to change my clothe before DH comes home from work becouse its for him I like to like my best)

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 7:37 pm
Spring or summer, as long as it's not too cold or too hot or too humid or... yeah LOL

shopaholic

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 10:26 am
I love the spring. Summer is great too even if the humidity is high. I HATE HATE HATE the winter. I have bad circulation so I'm always cold as soon as the temperature hits below 60.

Tefilla, I wear sunglasses in the winter if it's sunny. The alternative is looking dumb when I squint.

happy2beme

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 12:32 pm
Spring. I always feel like a butterfly coming out of its cocoon once I shed all those layers Smile

& I love going on nice walks in the beautiful weather!!!

supermom

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 1:45 pm
Tefila wrote:
I actually believei t or not saw someone sane looking wearing sunglasses in this extremley cold weather and no they were not those special kind Tongue Out

My cousin wears sunglasses all the time because one of her eyes cant handle the light of the sun.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics