Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Ideas on how to make this dress tznius
1  2  3  Next

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 12:59 pm
http://www.mimimaternity.com/P....._Id=3

I tried it on and its beautiful. not so sure it will zip up all the way, but thats a side point.

the dress is beautiful. you dont see in th epicture, but the ties open up to this goldish crinkly silk like material. its not a baggy dress, nor is it untzniusly fitted and more than enough room for tummy to get bigger. only thing is I need to add material or something....

el2cg

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:02 pm
you definitely need a professional seamstress.

MommyLuv

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:07 pm
wow, its really a pretty dress.

can you get something sewn for you?

maybe a lightweight shrug-like top, if you like that look, that buttons higher than the bodice of the dress....that way your arms, shoulders and chest are covered but you can still see the whole dress in all its beauty Very Happy

SouthernShalom

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:07 pm
Maybe you could wear a shirt over the top portion and then it would be like a skirt. I dunno?? It is kinda hard to tell anything from the pic other than there is lots of skin showing.

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:09 pm
ive been looking and looking for that exact kind of thing, creamshould be easy to find now in the summer...

thanks for ur responses everyone, I really really love this dress.. its the perfect lenght and everything, and only 70 which is a steal for a wedding... and ill have an easy time finding shoes for the ten minutes of dancing that hopefully I can get in!!!

greenfire

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:15 pm
looks like only half a dress to me ...

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:28 pm
lol green, it is!!! but I love it and I have 7 weeks to make it work... a sweater coming down to the middlesounds good, anyshrugs I see are low v neck which wouldnt be good either, unless I have some camisole to match it.

greenfire

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:29 pm
shayna so long as you know ... didn't want it to be like the empresses new clothes ... Nervous

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:31 pm
lol... it just shows you, I mean this dress is 70 bucks,all the otherones I have seen/ ordered including theone hanging now in my closet are close to 200. the one I have is ok, its that poly material that shows every bulge...im not overweight , it just dosnt look so right.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:33 pm
making sleeves is a big job. do you want to do a dickey and jacket type thing?

won't a fitted bosom like that be mad hot to wear in the summer?

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:34 pm
if its for a chupa outside for 20 minutes , then into the hall for a wedding in which I wont be dancing that much, im willing to wing it. I coulddo a sweater with a dicky...

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:35 pm
I made my wedding gown, which was a sleeveless tank top and low cut dress into a tznius beatiful gown, and it didnttake long at all...

su7kids

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:41 pm
get a short, crop top, shrug thingy made, and then put a piece of fabric across the time.

newmom

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:41 pm
It would probably be easiest to get a jacket to wear on top, then trying to redo the dress.

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:45 pm
k I found this

http://www.apeainthepod.com/Pr.....Id=11

to go on top. I could button the whole thing and you would still see thenice detail on the dress, however 99 for a sweater is pretty steep... but this is the first thing ive seen that wouldbegood... but I dont know if ivory wouldgo with a cream colored dress. and yeah, it would be easier to just get a cover up then to add... and also, I have another 10 weeks to go, so if I get something added on, chances are it just wont fit right.. then what

greenfire

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:54 pm
hey that's a lot of $$ for a short wear ... since you sew ... make something ... or go to marshalls and look ... there has got to be s/t out there ... you know how much icecream we could buy for that $$$

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 1:58 pm
who said I sew lol, I dont even know how to thread a button!!!! I meant, I had mywedding gown done for me like that, I didnt do anything except get material and try it on when it was done!!!! LOL

yeah 99 is a lot, but if its 99 and 70 for the dress, its not bad for one wedding outfit, if I rent, its gonnabe more like 300-400 and thats withougt cleaning or alterations...

its a big headache for a wedding that I might not make it to anyway...

im getting my boys suits on ebay, easyshmeasy compared to this Rolling Eyes

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 2:08 pm
What about something underneath? either a t-shirt, or a crinkle blouse? that way you still get to see the entire dress, which is the pretty part, so the t-shirt can be just plain, nothing fancy at all, but gives you sleeves and a neck...

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 2:10 pm
good idea. I need to get the dress though first so I can match colors

greenfire

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 2:13 pm
oh I thought you sew ... I do ... anyway ... good luck ... doesn't sound easy ...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics