Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Ideas on how to make this dress tznius
Previous  1  2  3  Next

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:19 am
I wish I knew how, my husband knows how, lol...

the dress should come in a few days. now if the zipper dosnt zip upall the way, what could be another option to make it fit, like take out the zipper and add material???

greenfire

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:23 am
you really should just get something that fits for that amount of money ... or made for you if $ is not an object ... easier than altering

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:25 am
I know, but I loveee this dress its perfect perfect. I look like a queen in it.. its so flattering and nice, the kind you never wnt to take off. im really commited to making it work. if that zipper dosnt close, so what, ill wear a sweater on top anyway, right???

like the ugly stepsisters and the silver shoe, im gonna make this work

greenfire

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:29 am
GO FOR IT!!! buy wouldn't it be easier to check out a real store so you can try it on ... get a bigger size for zipper ... if you're creative enough you will be able to make it work ...

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:32 am
I was in the store yesterday, I take the medium try it and it didnt zip at all, I was like, umm... ok. so I took the large and it would zip up all the way, I DONT WEAR ANY LARGES, and for some reason this dress wouldnt fit. maybe its the way its cut or something, and they dont run in x large. so I figured maybe something was wrong with this one, as they only had one, I had nothing to compare it to. so I ordered it online in a large, hopefully it will close... if not, ill have to think of option b.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:38 am
I would just buy a tight top that matches the trim of the dress.

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:41 am
so hard to find anything like that... do you mean a black top? the color scheme for the wedding is light colors.. no black, brown navy....

DefyGravity

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:44 am
I think that you're fine by wearing a dark top under it b/c the actual dress is a light color.

saboni

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:49 am
maybe you can buy two dresses and have the top remade.

micki

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 7:55 pm
wear a sleeveless t shirt under the dress in a cream color.
then have a seamstress make you a bolero jacket, about 2 inches longer than the top of the bodice.
have the bolero close fro teh neckline till the top of the bodice so no one will notice whats underneath, but if the bolero moves, you'll still be covreed.

another option, cut off the bodice and have a seamstress attatch a new bodice with sleeves and a neck to the bottom half of the dress.
maybe a gold lame with a cream chiffon layered on top, or a cream lace on top...

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:00 pm
I love your first idea. ive been looking for a short bolero type top in the cream color. its so hard to order stuff online and hope that it matches.

thanks micki!

greenfire

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:05 pm
saboni wrote:
maybe you can buy two dresses and have the top remade.

that is such a good idea ...

or maybe even tell the company you need extra material and try to explain why that you would like your shoulders covered - it may be cheaper and they probably want to please the customer.

shayna82

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:17 pm
I think that would take a while, I dont have that much time. I think im probably gonna end up looking for a shrug or have that made, but thats not as much of a big deal, since its small. I dont know, my head is spinning...

shanie5

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:42 pm
I would go for a shirt underneath. a pale, complementing color would be nice. just try it on w/ the dress.
I bought a spaghetti strap maroon dress that looked stunning on, but had a hard time finding s/t that looked right underneath. I ended uo w/ a mauve blouse (after trying white, black, cream, t-shirts.............) and it looks terrific!!!!!!

BP MOM

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 8:46 pm
Linda leal makes great 3/4 sleeves shell.
go buy yourself a lrg or med cream or black shell and wear it underneath.
its about 20 bucks.
It should look great. you can always add a scarf if you'd like to dress it up a bit or to cover the bust area!!

shayna82

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:12 am
yeah im actually looking for one... thanks for the tip

the dress is coming in a few days, ill let you know if it fits.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:17 am
I just bought a light blue strapless dress to wear in my friend's wedding. I'm planning on wearing a cream or nude-colored body suit underneath.

shayna82

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:23 am
intersting... its long sleeves?

where did you get it

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:26 am
No, it's strapless, there are no sleeves.
I bought it from Nordstrom's.

shayna82

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:28 am
no I mean the body suit underneaht...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics