Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A DIFFERENT delayed vax spinoff question

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 12:18 pm
Not by choice, my almost-2-year-old is way behind vaccine schedule (she kept getting sick around the times of her well visits, don't ask...) Can those who have researched this properly please enlighten me about delayed vaccine schedules? On a different thread people were saying that when you skip them in the first couple of years, the catch-up schedule goes differently but on-schedule doctors are not always familiar with that. Mine is the type who wouldn't know because he just gives them on schedule.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 12:31 pm
I do know that there is a different schedule but I dont know all the details. your ped should be able to look it up, that's what mine does. Because he doesnt have that many patients who delay vax's he doesnt know it off hand and I think that's totally ok as long as he knows he needs to look it up. You can ask the ped before you go so he has a heads up and will have the information he needs when you get there. I bet you can google it too.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 2:27 pm
If you look on the cdc website, they have a catch-up version of the immunization schedule. Your doctor most likely is aware of the catch-up schedule. Furthermore, if you wish, you may request to have titers drawn, to see your child's level of immunity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics