Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Attn: Lakewooders: Where to Go for Healthy Eating Out?

Tova

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:37 pm
Hi - I will iy"H be in Lakewood next week and wanted to know your best recommendations for healthy eating. Milchigs/fleishigs. IE - nice salad bar, will grill chicken or fish and veggies or whatever to my specifications, etc. Any suggestions? Oh, and nothing too upscale/expensive please.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:48 pm
eating out is not usually a healthy affair.

most restaurants have a salad menu or offer grilled chicken/fish.

Even with the "healthy" choices of the menu, I find that I go way off my diet and eat too many calories.

If you are going out to eat, just eat less the few days before so you can enjoy your outing guilt free.

cookiejar

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:50 pm
nothing healthy is cheap, even in the grocery! however, from a real healthy eater, I will tell you that Ottimo has some very nice options in teh salads, fish, etc., that are truly NOT calorie heavy and are delicious. but not cheap.

Tova

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
eating out is not usually a healthy affair.

most restaurants have a salad menu or offer grilled chicken/fish.

Even with the "healthy" choices of the menu, I find that I go way off my diet and eat too many calories.

If you are going out to eat, just eat less the few days before so you can enjoy your outing guilt free.

Nope, I don't ever deprive myself on my food plan (well, except fast days) and I have successfully eaten out at restaurants many many times where I live. I don't ever have guilt with eating. Thanks for trying to help though!

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:53 pm
cookiejar wrote:
nothing healthy is cheap, even in the grocery! however, from a real healthy eater, I will tell you that Ottimo has some very nice options in teh salads, fish, etc., that are truly NOT calorie heavy and are delicious. but not cheap.

how do you figure out the calories/fat in restaurant items?

Tova

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:54 pm
cookiejar wrote:

Thanks, will check that out. I don't mean cheap, I just mean reasonable/normal. Not looking for a fancy steakhouse, or an eatery where you are paying for "ambience."

Tova

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:57 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
how do you figure out the calories/fat in restaurant items?

I don't calculate calories at home OR at restaurants. I eat the foods on my plan (more like, I eat anything other than some specific ingredients/combinations I stay away from) in the quantitiy I want so that I am full. I let my body do the "calculating."

Tova

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 10:18 pm
Someone had PM'd me some suggestions, it looks like Kosher Taco would work as well as D'luxe (love their "diet menu" where sauces are on the side). Both reasonably priced. If anyone has specifically had a good experience at another place in them accomodating to your healthy eating specifications please let me know!

debsey

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 11:06 pm
Try Ottimo. They have Shani Taub approved items.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics