Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Car Service from Catskills to JFK?

epavard

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 11:49 am
I am in Stamford, NY, in the Catskills, at Oorah's camp, TheZone, for business reasons. I need to get to JFK for a flight back to my home in Israel on Sunday, that departs at noon.

Because I cannot find a ride from the camp leaving Motzei Shabbos, I have to leave tomorrow (Friday Morning) and stay over at my manager's parents' home in Mill Basin so I am within a reasonable distance from JFK on Sunday morning.

I am hoping to find a car service that is reasonable that could take me straight from the camp (or nearby) to JFK (or close by) so I could stay at the camp through Shabbos.

It's a pain in the neck to pack and shlep to stay at a stranger's home for Shabbos and then to pack and go to the airport shortly after. I've been living out of my suitcase for a month for this trip and I'm dying to find an alternative way to do things. But it has to be reasonable or my office won't agree to cover costs.

I found a reasonable shuttle service from Albany to JFK, but it's at the wrong time of day.

If you know of a car service, please give a yell ASAP and make my day.

(It's a bummer--I could have flown TODAY and been home for Shabbos with my husband and 12 children--that is with better planning). Crying

EmesOrNT

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 1:49 pm
The Man with the Van. He does such calls all the time. Its not a shuttle though and I'm not sure of the price.

thanks

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 4:09 pm
Did you check Shortline bus? Or Excellent Bus Service? Both go to the Catskills, however a different area. Maybe see if you could get a ride to somewhere closer on their route (Monticello, Middletown?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics