Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Practical Workshop Style Shiur?

buster

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 2:26 am
I frequently listen to Shiurim on Torahanytime but it ends up being more of entertainment rather than something I actualize after so I am wondering if anyone can recommend a Shiur that is "interactive" - like has you writing answers to speaker's questions, has different exercises...etc.?

buster

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 11:51 am
bump

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:16 am
no one? :'( shock

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 11:55 am
I don't know if this would fit the bill but check out Rabbi Dovid Fohrman on AlphaBeta.org .

coconutbutter

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 2:27 pm
Wow, that's really a very cool site.

I am also looking for something to do with my DH.

We'd love to sit down and have some sort of "worksheet"/questionnaire to do a solid Cheshbon Hanefesh type of thing. We want to do it together so we can help the other be truly honest and practical...Just need something to follow. I'm thinking to download http://chinuch.org/item_detail.....;s=0.

TeachersNotebook

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 8:24 pm
I would love this type of shiur!

I haven't heard any, unfortunately, but I did pick up a book a few years ago that would fit the bill- How Can I Change For Heaven's Sake? by R' Doniel Frank. It asks you pointed questions, has you doing introspection, all those things, and at the end, you write a "personal success card." (Read the book to learn more Smile)

I did this a few years ago. I was not as successful in the long term as I had hoped I would be (isn't that always the case, unfortunately?). However, I think it really does make you think and take stock; I would do it again this year.

In fact, I just noticed he's offering a 10-part webinar taking you through the steps outlined in the book. This includes a one day, 3 week, and 2 month follow up, which I think is amazing. It costs $36. http://mapseminars.com/?page_id=1396

Good luck!

TeachersNotebook

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 8:25 pm
Oh btw, I meant to add- the book is very small and readable. It probably takes more than a 1 hour shiur, but it really doesn't take a lot of your time to read.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational