Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Ideas for kids activities

LO

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 3:53 pm
My twin daughters (age 7 1/2) would like to make a "yom kippur camp" for the children in our building. It will probably be about 6 kids or so, aged 2-6. They like that type of stuff and made a small camp on tisha b'av, but I am totally stuck as to what types of games or activities that could do that are not coloring, arts and crats, etc....They can read books to the kids, but what else? I am hoping that all the creative ladies on here will have some ideas....

Thanks in advance and g'mar chasimah tovah!

simcha6

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 5:58 pm
They could put on a play about Yom Kippur in the Beis Mikdash/story from Chumash/Tanak/etc. Kids always love that kind of thing. It could even be simply a story about teshuva, etc. The more fun the girls have with it, the more the kids will enjoy it.

They could play simple games that will get the kids to move (and keep away the wiggles). Follow the leader comes to mind. If there is room it could be hide and seek, or even a treasure hunt (your girls can hide the "treasure" and say cold or hot as the kids get far away or close to it).

Questions and answers about the chagim/parasha etc. with small rewards (a chocolate chip or some such small candy...) for each question answered and/or participation. We do this at the Shabbos table and my kids love it.

LO

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:33 pm
Thanks, please keep them coming!

patientmom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:52 pm
I spy
Charades
Puzzles
Stringing Cheerios

piece

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:38 pm
simon says
hot/cold
big shot
monkey in the middle
follow the leader with motions for singing (in a circle). u pick the leader who will change the songs with motions & the girl that was sent out has to guess who the leader is.
sleeping beauty

LO

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 3:42 pm
Thanks again, everyone! How do you play sleeping beauty and big shot? I never heard of those two.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur