Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Bakery style cheese cake

cheerios

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 9:33 am
I'm looking for a recipe for the kind of cheesecake you find in the bakery, in which there is only one layer - cheese and flour combined - not a graham crust with cheese on top. Does anyone have such a recipe?

greenfire

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 9:43 am
mmm - let me know when you find it ... been waiting a long time myself ... once tried something ... didn't like it enough to try again - couldn't figure out how to fix it

queen

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 12:00 pm
cheerios- israeli or american bakery? (sorry europeans.... embarrassed not sure what kind you have) however b/w the two options I listed I believe their cake style's are different.

chen

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 1:28 pm
Not sure what you mean by "bakery style". I make a cream cheese cake and simply omit the crust that the recipe calls for. there's no flour in the cheese but there is a bit of cornstarch IIRC (haven't made it in a looooong time so don't quote me).

greenfire

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 1:32 pm
it almost looks like a sponge cake or a marble cake ... only it is cheese ... and they do not sell those here ... and I love them ... but they do all over NY ...

cheerios

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 3:22 pm
Right on, greenfire!

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by "bakery style". I make a cream cheese cake and simply omit the crust that the recipe calls for. there's no flour in the cheese but there is a bit of cornstarch IIRC (haven't made it in a looooong time so don't quote me).

Then you just get a cream cheese filling type, not the NYC kind that greenfire described.

greenfire

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 7:32 pm
cheerios wrote:
Right on, greenfire!

Quote:

Then you just get a cream cheese filling type, not the NYC kind that greenfire described.

now you got me hungry ... I told my son to bring me back from ny when he comes for shavuos ... but ... we'll see if it really happens ... certainly sounds too hard with travelling ... I guess soon enough I will be in NY mmmm cheerios we can go get some together Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus