Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teenage son managed to sign into administrator account on PC

amother

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 12:23 am
Can anyone here help explain to me how he could have done it? He's not overly tech-savvy so a friend must have shown/told him or given him software to download onto his USB to enable him to do it.

At this point, it's more of an issue for me that he feels that he can do what he want, as he has a major Chutzpah issue. Aside from the fact that he's sitting and watching a movie on netflix right now - on the upside, as long as he's doing it in front of me, in the living room, I'm glad I can see what he's up to....

Lady Bug

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 12:37 am
He figured out the password

chani8

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 2:05 am
The major chutzpa issue is the real problem here. The only way to address chutzpa is to first build the relationship. If he trusts you, and feels loved and respected by you, the more likely he'll respect you.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 7:43 am
I agree that your relationship sounds like it needs work. Make sure to spend quality time with him regularly. Enjoy your time with him. Maybe you should read the 5 Love Languages of Children, so you can learn how to connect in the way that means the most to him.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 7:53 am
If you want to work on relationship first.

I would announce at dinner/next family meal that someone hacked into the account. You are now warning that if it's taken over again you'll remove the internet for ____ weeks. Ze hu.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children