Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Urinary incontinence in ds 6yrs old
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Nov 03 2014, 3:25 pm
anyone?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 03 2014, 4:37 pm
After many misdiagnosis for my daughter...she was ultimately diagnosed with Tethered Cord Syndrome. The absolute only way to diagnose it is to have an MRI done of the spine. My daughters first cord detetherering was when she was five and unfortunately it re tethered and we just had her second surgery which was B"H a success.
While my daughter had no outward signs, some children have subcutanious markers like a dimple at the base of their spine or an extra crease where the spine meets the tush.
To get a diagnosis you need to go to a neuro surgeon. Since you seem to have covered all other possible causes, it may be worth it to go this route...especially since sometimes the urinary incontinence can get worse.
Good luck OP

Anon because many people know my daughters situation

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 5:11 am
I very recently got my son treated for bed-wetting by a chiropractic practitioner. He was not incontinent during the day, but she suggested that his incontinence at night was due to weak or unaligned vertibrae in the spine (don't hold me to the letter!).
So if you're looking for some 'alternative' cure, you could look into that.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 12:11 pm
to amother with child with overactive bladder- I just spoke with doctor. she says he doesnt have this he does have urinary incontinence, which means he feels it very late or when hes wet. but she recommends me going to ot therapist now bec he does have sensory issues and that would help alot. so I wont be doing medication only as a last resort. hopefully ot will help him. thanks for your help though.
does anyone know of a good good ot therapist dealing with urinary incontinence in children? I live in brooklyn. please dont send me pm I dont want any. just say who it is and a phone number I can call thanks ladies I appreciate the time you take to answer. its such a frustratiing situation. and can make him loose his self esteem. I am determined that should not happen.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 8:37 pm
to amother 4;37 it sounds so scary. I hope I dont have to go that route. I will be doing sometype of ot therapy in near future so I didnt finish trying eth. thanks for your info tho

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 8:39 pm
amother 5;11 I dont believe chiropractors heal these types of things. I will be going the medical route thanks anyway.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 10:57 pm
I'm dealing with the same issue... It's soooo frustrating!!!
I scheduled to see a urologist ... Don't know what else to do....
How do you deal with Cheder/school ... Cuz smells unfresh?

Bruria

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 2:36 am
You said your son was fine till he was 5. And after you were sick and other stressful life events this started. You know, it could be that this is a reaction to the stressful events that happened and that is why this started. Just a thought.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics