Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Scantily clad neighbours...
1  2  Next

MommyLuv

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 1:34 pm
I was playing outside with DD when I noticed our neighbours, a Latin family, hanging out outside with their kid....

The mother was wearing a very skimpy, showy bikini... Confused

Ok, I know there is nothing I can do about it....It's a free country......I just dont want to see it!

We were spoiled in that way, for a while. Our previous neighbours were a lovely, very religious Christian family with 'family values et al' and then the house went unrented for a year....and now this.
They seem nice and all, I just am not thrilled to have to see this every day now...

Just venting. I was looking forward to spending lots of time outside this summer since DH has a month off.... Mad ....

Last edited by MommyLuv on Sat, May 19 2007, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

shayna82

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 1:35 pm
just one of those things we have to deal with...

MommyLuv

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 1:37 pm
Yep. I guess so....

yersp

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 1:52 pm
join the club!!! I live on a block full of italians and it's the adults that dress like that. Besides for that, the teenagers here have such a bad language. I go out of my mind sometimes because I'm literally stuck in the house.

MommyLuv

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 1:57 pm
E59Y wrote:
join the club!!! I live on a block full of italians and it's the adults that dress like that. Besides for that, the teenagers here have such a bad language. I go out of my mind sometimes because I'm literally stuck in the house.

that must drive you mad!
just to clarify, I meant the mom was half-dressed...
their kid is only two yrs old, let her be naked for all I care!! 8)

yersp

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 2:00 pm
MommyLuv wrote:
E59Y wrote:

that must drive you mad!
just to clarify, I meant the mom was half-dressed...
their kid is only two yrs old, let her be naked for all I care!! 8)

I totally chapped you meant the mother!!! On my block they have a block party each summer in the middle of august but this year they're having it earlier in July because one of the neighbors sons is going off to the army!! Burech Shepitrani!! He's the one who has the most friends here and THEY'RE the ones who dress and speak very inappropriatly (sp?)

greenfire

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 7:09 pm
oh please - all of you ... move to mei sharim

amother

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 7:16 pm
green...glad your self esteem is so high....mei shearim is a far cry from not wanting your dh to have next door neighbor eye candy at each enrty and exit to your own house....

greenfire

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 7:41 pm
goodness ... I hope he is not eyeing that little girl ... it sounds scary

Seraph

Post Sat, May 19 2007, 2:45 pm
I love living in my charedi neighborhood.
Then again, sometimes I'm not sure who dresses more untznius- my "charedi" neighbors, or scantily clad non jews...

Ruchel

Post Sat, May 19 2007, 5:03 pm
amother wrote:
green...glad your self esteem is so high....mei shearim is a far cry from not wanting your dh to have next door neighbor eye candy at each enrty and exit to your own house....

If you trust him stop being nervous, and if you don't trust him well... there is a deeper problem than the neighbour and you need to talk about it.

Now I don't get something. Is she in her bathing suit in the street? Or like tanning in her garden? In her garden sorry but it is her right... just don't look...and warn dh about the problem if he is not aware. In the street I've never seen...I'm trying to remember if I saw in a garden but my memory fails me...

Breslov, yup, some Jews are shomer mitzvos but still dress very trashy. Our right neighbours are traditional Jews and really unbearable, our left neighbours are very nice Muslims go figure.

MommyLuv

Post Sat, May 19 2007, 10:11 pm
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:

If you trust him stop being nervous, and if you don't trust him well... there is a deeper problem than the neighbour and you need to talk about it.

Now I don't get something. Is she in her bathing suit in the street? Or like tanning in her garden? In her garden sorry but it is her right... just don't look...and warn dh about the problem if he is not aware. In the street I've never seen...I'm trying to remember if I saw in a garden but my memory fails me...

Breslov, yup, some Jews are shomer mitzvos but still dress very trashy. Our right neighbours are traditional Jews and really unbearable, our left neighbours are very nice Muslims go figure.

oh, I trust DH a million percent. It's not really an issue.... We live in the real world...I know I can't change this woman's apparel or anything about my neighbors.

But, as amother wrote above, who needs that kind of eye candy in the privacy of their own backyard?? Confused

I live in a hot climate... We go to the beach occasionally, so it's not like DH and I never see pple in swimwear. This woman normally dresses in short shorts and tank tops, but bikinis are a bit different Rolling Eyes

Well, I always wanted to have flowering vines cascading over the fence....Maybe now I'll be motivated to plant them between our yards!!

Good fences make good neighbours, right?? Wink

Last edited by MommyLuv on Sat, May 19 2007, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

shoy18

Post Sat, May 19 2007, 10:14 pm
invest and put up a fence, and then neither you or your children will have to look at them, and you can have more privacy.

MommyLuv

Post Sat, May 19 2007, 10:22 pm
greenfire wrote:

gosh, what is your problem? Rolling Eyes
I explained that the MOM was wearing a bikini.

gold21

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 12:26 am
u know I must say that its weird cuz I trust dh 150 percent and he definitely thinks I am the most beautiful woman in the world and all etc Bli Ayin Hora, as it should be....but still I dont like when we see women dressed really provocatively.......my own insecurities.......whatever

Last edited by gold21 on Mon, May 21 2007, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:51 am
MommyLuv wrote:
greenfire wrote:

pretty sure you said little girl before ... and truth to be told even if it was the lady ... my problem is that people need to fix control and change themselves ... not others ... plus how could you go to the beach - is there a difference where you see the scantily clad people?!

MommyLuv

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:08 am
greenfire wrote:
MommyLuv wrote:
greenfire wrote:

pretty sure you said little girl before ... and truth to be told even if it was the lady ... my problem is that people need to fix control and change themselves ... not others ... plus how could you go to the beach - is there a difference where you see the scantily clad people?!

Of course people need to control themselves.

But, I think any normal frum woman in a healthy marriage would not want to expose her husband to near-naked women, don't you think??

and yes, there is a difference where you see such women.
on the beach, you expect it and deal with it by minding your own business.
In your backyard, which is YOUR domain, it's not a sight we need every time we want to work in the garden or play with our child.

As I said, I am simply venting.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:13 am
vent away ... but please explain to me the difference if you actually go to the beach ... I do not understand - naked women are naked women are naked women ... no matter where you see them or if you choose to see them?!?!?!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:17 am
no matter how much you trust your husband, there is such a thing as shemiras ainayim, and many men feel uncomfortable when seeing a scantily clad woman.

GAMZu

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:18 am
Which frum man would go to a mixed beach, Green?
I'd be annoyed too. Poor you.
Truth is, I was part of a non-Jewish parenting forum where this very topic was discussed, and most women said they would never even wear sleeveless. Short or cap sleeves is as far as they'd go.
Certainly not representative of your neighbors, though. And many other people.

As to the frum people dressed trashy... the skirt style now seems to be just above the knee.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics