Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Yeah can listen to music again after Shabbos!!!!!
Previous  1  2

shalhevet

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 1:17 pm
Well my older sons most certainly need a haircut erev yomtov, and of course they got their hair cut erev Pesach.

Not only that, but it's a mitzva to have a haircut every erev yomtov (for men and boys at least), unless it clearly doesn't need cutting - which is usually the case on erev Sukkos.

LubavitchLeah

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 1:27 pm
Tzena Rena, I think? the Rebbe Rashab or was it the Fredeker Rebbe felt it was best not to give hair cuts erev Shavuos Rather wait until after Shavuos?

Raisin

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 1:31 pm
I can't wait to give my 3 year old a haircut. He had his upsherin on Lag Be'omer, and we asked a friend, a retired barber to cut it for him at the party, since the party took place sunday evening we wouldn't be able to take him to a barber afterwards. I am not happy with the cut - it is way too long and the payos are way too short. I will have to just wait for the payos, but at least we can cut his hair.

I wonder why davka erev yom tov men are supposed to get a haircut? Exploding anger Couldn't it be a more, umm, peaceful day?

TzenaRena

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 1:33 pm
LubavitchLeah wrote:
Tzena Rena, I think? the Rebbe Rashab or was it the Fredeker Rebbe felt it was best not to give hair cuts erev Shavuos Rather wait until after Shavuos?

That's the Hayom Yom we're talking about, but it's only up till Erev Shavuos, that the Rebbe Rashab was not happy with haircuts. We DO give haircuts Erev Shavuos. 2 of my sons had their upsherenish Erev Shavuos! 8)

TzenaRena

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 1:37 pm
Quote:
I wonder why davka erev yom tov men are supposed to get a haircut? Couldn't it be a more, umm, peaceful day?
Yeah, my girls are never so lucky. They're plotzing for a haircut, and I tell them, not now, not Erev YomTov... LOL

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 1:47 pm
In my circles, where boys heads are shaved and girls dont wear their hair longer than the nape of the neck, six weeks is just about the maximum kids can hold out without a haircut. Boys' hair are pretty long by erev shvous, and many girls get haircuts on lag b'omer.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 2:01 pm
some people like my son and bro have hair that grows quick ... so they like haircuts 3 - 4 weeks ... depending on how neat they want to look ...

I understood that one does not cut their hair past chatzos on erev shabbos or yom tov ...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 3:48 pm
that's a pretty small window of time, then, green, for a haircut.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics