Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Before Shabbos snacks
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 7:49 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
then you always have to bake, Gren, and if you're buying that stuff, you may as well give the kids chicken!

no ... because this is what I do ... whether I bake or buy ... we snack ... we have dinner later ... and it's not always chicken ...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 7:51 pm
We also used to cake it out Friday afternoon, but if you eat major cake, you need to wash onit.

Also, so much sugary stuff isn't that good for you . . . this week I switched to fruit!

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 8:04 pm
yeah but we also eat yogurt, cereal, or fruit ... the point is to save the shabbos food for shabbos

timeout

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 8:09 pm
My kids definitely need a big meal before Shabbos them bing 3 K'H and almost 6 K'H. It usually ranges from scrambled eggs to kugel my DH gets from the Skverer Rebbe and a Leben right when they get home to hold them over. Smile

Bsimcha

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 8:30 pm
I serve a whole meal before shabbos as everyone is starving. I find on friday night unless we have guests everyone is too tired especially now on long fridays.

gryp

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 8:43 pm
Of course we eat Shabbos food before Shabbos. Why do you think I make 3 kugels every week? In the wintertimes with short Fridays and short Shabbosim, we have enough leftover for Sunday dinner too. Nowadays, it all goes by the time Shabbos is over.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics