Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Anyone can provide opinion on Cherry Hill Yeshiva (FTI)?

tzatza

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 2:51 pm
Looking into this school for my son...

TIA

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 3:02 pm
My brother went there a few years ago, although I think it has changed for the better since then. I think they are attracting the boys they want to attract and are taking boarders.

The education was good, he did very well in college (although I' m sure part of that is also his smarts), they didn't offer AP's as far as I know but again maybe that's changed. The limidei kodesh was also strong but I think he felt they didn't really teach enough skills and that was something he acquired in his year in Israel. I think he also felt the rabbeim were a bit 'narrow' in their focus of what miforshim they brought in with the gemarah, I think he appreciated more variety that he got in Israel than what he had in HS.

The teachers seemed warm and caring, I don't think he loved every rebbe he had but that's a personality thing not necessarily a reflection on the rebbe (and could be some of those rebbeim have changed). B/c it's a small school there aren't really extra curriculars like a bball team or debate team or things of that sort but I do think he had breaks in the day where they played sports. He also had a very manageable amount of HW, he did most of it in school so that he was really free when he came home.

This is outdated info I know, but wanted to give you a starting point!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 8:15 pm
Amazing school! Check it out.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 8:18 pm
I've heard really great things about it- that it's very warm and caring and personalized. It also seems that they have strengthened their English program in the last few years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children