Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
I wrote some original Jewish songs. Now wha?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 9:14 pm
I've written some original Jewish songs that are pretty good. Is there a way to make Parnassah off of them? Can I sell them to someone? Any suggestions or ideas?

I know there are some women who've released Jewish CDs but I'm not sure that's the path I want to go down. But if anyone has information about how they did that I'm interested! Thanks!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 11:57 pm
Bump

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 9:07 am
I have no idea how to make a parnassah in writing music as a frum woman (wish I did!).

A few ideas and suggestions for you:
• Always copyright your work. In the ancient days we used to perform a "poor man's copyright" by sending a copy of the material to ourselves via registered mail. Not sure whether people still do that in the digital age.

• Make demos (demonstration recordings) of your songs that you can send to singers. Piano/keyboard and voice is usually sufficient. If you're sending to male singers, I hope you have a male relative who can do the vocals.

• Approach the directors of children's and/or women's choirs with your work.

• Start your own choir. Then you can you add your own songs as part of the choir's repertoire and you can try to build on that.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 10:31 am
Thanks rubber ducky! I have demos made. I'm just worried that if I send someone a song they will just take it without giving me credit but I guess I would have to trust frum singers not to do that.

I don't see myself starting a choir right now because of time constraints but that would be cool! Are there womens choirs in nj?[quote]

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 10:39 am
amother wrote:
Thanks rubber ducky! I have demos made. I'm just worried that if I send someone a song they will just take it without giving me credit but I guess I would have to trust frum singers not to do that.

I don't see myself starting a choir right now because of time constraints but that would be cool! Are there womens choirs in nj?

That's why you must copyright your work.

Perhaps someone else here has information on women's choirs in New Jersey.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts