Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dream that teeth not there!!! Is this bad???

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 4:37 am
Woke up at 4 am from a bad dream. In the dream my fictional father was being chased by police and I was hanging out by my sons babysitter. Suddenly I went to the mirror, looked at my mouth and notice three teeth were missing. Woke up very nervous bec I always learnt that if u dream about teeth its one of the three bad dreams you need to do hatavas chalom. My teeth ached in that area though so I am not sure if I had that dream bec of physical pain? Should I call a rav im the morning or am I nervous for no reason?

water_bear88

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 4:53 am
I might be remembering wrong, but I think that it might depend on whether you dreamed it in EY or in chutz la'aretz. (I'm pretty sure there's a dream that has an opposite meaning depending on where it was dreamt, but I'm not sure if it's the one about teeth.)

If your teeth were hurting before you slept, that could easily cause the dream. Or maybe the meaning of the dream was "it's time to go to the dentist" (and I don't mean that sarcastically- maybe you have the start of a cavity that could be taken care of easily now but would get much worse if it wasn't discovered until you got a bad toothache).

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask a rav if it's still bothering you!

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 5:00 am
amother wrote:
Woke up at 4 am from a bad dream. In the dream my fictional father was being chased by police and I was hanging out by my sons babysitter. Suddenly I went to the mirror, looked at my mouth and notice three teeth were missing. Woke up very nervous bec I always learnt that if u dream about teeth its one of the three bad dreams you need to do hatavas chalom. My teeth ached in that area though so I am not sure if I had that dream bec of physical pain? Should I call a rav im the morning or am I nervous for no reason?

What on earth for?
It's a **dream**.

Brush and floss regularly and a dream it will remain.

If your teeth ache, call a dentist, not a rav.

workaholicmama

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 6:53 am
Chalomos shov yedabiren...
When we were kids and had a bad dream, my mother obm told us "chelmu tuvu chuzeisu".... very soon we learned to just say " mommy pls tell me chelmu cuz I had a bad dream...."

gp2.0

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 9:47 am
Apparently dreaming about losing teeth is very common, it is a typical anxiety dream, usually appearing during a time of change, or a time when you feel like your life is spinning out of your control.

Dreams are not ominous, nor are they prophetic. They are just your subconscious keeping busy while the brain is in maintenance/sleep mode.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 10:43 am
I've had different variations of this dream MANY times since I'm like five! (Yes, I can remember!) it also used to bother me terribly because I heard like you did, I would freak out in the morning. I think I may have even fasted a coupla times, as a teenager, that's how coo-koo I was! On a whole I find dreams to be fascinating, cause I'm a VERY vivid dreamer and I tend to remember them all. I even did a medrash report on dreams when I went to seminary, and did lots of in-depth research, and that taught me all I needed to know. What I learned: basically, dreams don't mean all that much nowadays, we're not on the level of ruach hakodesh, most of our dreams are pretty meaningless.(of course there's always exceptions) interestingly, when I stopped fearing my dreams, I stopped having this particular one. And b"H, I have had nothing particularly terrible happen in my life, even if c"v something were to, I wouldn't blame it on a weird dream. So don't worry about it. And go to the dentist if your teeth hurt!
Amother cause my whole fam knows about my dream weirdness embarrassed

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 11:03 am
It could be nothing.

It could be something.

3 years ago, I dreamed that my top two teeth fell out. I woke up feeling hot and cold, and I didn't even know until I told my husband that it is one of those three dreams.

Within a few months, my grandmother died and then I lost my father. Maybe it was connected, maybe it wasn't. But it happened.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 11:07 am
I would discount it, especially later in the night (learned so).
If you're afraid have someone trusted spin it POSITIVELY like may you never have teeth issues.
Say chalom tov 3 times chalom shalom 3 times

bnm

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 2:16 pm
Last time I dreamt about teeth I woke up and called the Shaklee lady to send me prenatals... I was right, got a positive later that month.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 3:01 pm
What??? I never heard about 3 special type dreams that could mean something. Can you explain? From where is this idea?
On another note I had a crazy dream a few weeks ago that I couldn't resist telling dh that all my teeth suddenly start moving like a choo-choo-train. Then they get so scattered that I couldn't talk or eat. It made me so shaking that I kept thinking the next few days. Then after a week or so one of my wisdom tooth finally set into place correctly after a very long time and I suddenly felt one a single day thatvtwo of my middle teeth where out of place. It seemed like the new wisdom tooth pushed everything. Anyway, this made me thinking that something is being worked up. I'm still frustrated. I shoukd be going to the dentist shortly. But no pain where either before the dream or after.

ice coffee

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 3:48 pm
I have heard that teeth dreams are not so good. Maybe ask a Rav.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 5:01 pm
Oy. If you're having bad dreams, maybe you're sleeping too much.

Joke...

Seriously, I read that dreams about teeth indicate social anxiety or preoccupation with appearance.

They are not prophecies. There is no more nevuah, people!

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 5:06 pm
When I was little I kept having the same dream. I dreamt that I'm walking down the stairs but instead of walking I was sorta flying. I dreamt that so many times that one day I was walking down the stairs I let myself run carelessly and skip 5-6 stairs at a time. I knew I did this all the time (in my dream) and nothing happened. Well I did fly down... (no, not very gracefully) it wasn't very good Rolling Eyes

Really I think you have nothing to worry about~ it's only just a dream ~ Music

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 5:10 pm
I also had a bad dream, maybe someone has some ideas, was very creepy. It was the night before I was about to do some support work with this girl who I have to feed. In the dream, I was feeding her and then all the sudden she was choking and had all these red onions in her mouth and like all the way down her throat and I had to get them out of her mouth, it was SO scary. There is a scarier part to this dream but its too gruesome to type so I wont. I think the dream was from anxiety of caring for this girl and also because I saved a girl I was babysitting once from choking. Is there any significance of red onions in dreams?? I cant get it out of my head! My husband said don't worry just don't think about it its just a dream, I know that it was just so vivid!

amother wrote:
Woke up at 4 am from a ad dream. In the dream my fictional father was being chased by police and I was hanging out by my sons babysitter. Suddenly I went to the mirror, looked at my mouth and notice three teeth were missing. Woke up very nervous bec I always learnt that if u dream about teeth its one of the three bad dreams you need to do hatavas chalom. My teeth ached in that area though so I am not sure if I had that dream bec of physical pain? Should I call a rav im the morning or am I nervous for no reason?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 5:21 pm
Teeth=power. We even say about a law that's ineffective "It has no teeth". Dreams are from your subconscious. Dreaming about missing teeth means you feel helpless or powerless about something. Figure out what in your life you feel powerless about and then do something about it. Unless your teeth hurt, in which case call a dentist.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 5:22 pm
I hope I don't have 50 years worth of shailos cause losing my teeth is a recurring nightmare ... lucky I do floss & brush & I am otherwise low-maintenance

will 50 hail maryams do ???

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 8:06 pm
I found this on a random kabballah website. Not sure if it will make any sense to you or not, but I figured it was worth a try:

The upper and lower jaws with their two rows of teeth correspond to the two sefirot of chesed and gevurah within the mouth. Chewing food is like processing an idea to make it digestible. This process depends upon the two primary emotive powers of the soul. Love, chesed, motivates the desire of the soul to “integrate” the sparks present in external reality. Might, gevurah, performs the actual grinding of the teeth, breaking the food into digestible pieces, of which is said, “malchut [in our context, the mouth] is built [I.e., made able to perform its function to eat] out of the [states of] gevurah.”

justcallmeima

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 8:56 pm
I also have recurring dreams about my teeth falling out. Have for many years. I also have very very bad teeth and have lost one or two, broken several, etc...

I learned that dreams are meaningful, but part of every dream is just shtus. (Shtuyot- silliness). Nowadays, we don't know which part is meaningful and which part is just shtuyot, so there's no sense trying to interpret them.

However, one of my teachers in seminary told me that if you dream about your teeth, "you should be careful about loshon horah." Now when I have the teeth falling out dream, I remember that.

Also, it has been so many years that I've had these teeth dreams, that now when I'm in the dream, I can look at my teeth falling out and say: "Oh. This is a dream." You can google "conscious dreaming" if you like. It helps you get yourself out of scary dreams when you're in them. Works for me!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics