Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Looking for baby nurse that will sleep train my twins..

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 1:06 pm
I am looking for a good nurse that can help me put 5 week old twins into a schedule and help me sleep train them. New York area

Thanks

Twinster

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 1:11 pm
Where in NY?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 1:55 pm
Monsey area

luppamom

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 1:56 pm
I didn't know you could train a 5 week old baby besides for trying to teach them the difference between night and day. I thought 6 weeks (at least) was when they start to become at all predictable. Maybe find out about this before paying $ and having it not work or work only short-term.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 2:08 pm
I'd be happy even if it's only short term.. at this point they cry day and night. Few pple suggested I sleep train them but I'm clueless.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 2:09 pm
There's someone called Batya the Baby Coach who works with you by phone. You fill out logs etc & she helps you.

Though we would pay good money for someone to come and do the sleep-training on site (ours are a year old & no concept of sleep...)

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 2:10 pm
Probably by "sleep train" people mean to train them that nighttime is for sleeping, and that when they wake up to eat they should go right back to sleep afterwards. Hugs, op- all newborns are needy, and twins are doubly so.

luppamom

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 2:24 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Probably by "sleep train" people mean to train them that nighttime is for sleeping, and that when they wake up to eat they should go right back to sleep afterwards. Hugs, op- all newborns are needy, and twins are doubly so.

Right, OP, I understand your exhaustion BTDT but w/ only one!! Advice I heard (until you find someone) was to keep the room light for naps during the day, dark at night. Don't talk to them once it's night, just nurse, change and back in bed. Take them outside a lot during the day. Feed more often during the day so they can do a longer stretch at night. I also heard to try to keep them up during day (which I thought was totally ineffective. It's almost impossible to keep a newborn up-when they want to sleep!) Lastly, (this one is my own), don't expect anything from them until 6 weeks. IME, my baby became a much better sleeper at this point and slept at night. Until then, just do what you have to to survive.

penguin

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 3:51 pm
Read The Baby Whisperer.

imaima

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 3:59 pm
I agree. Night nurse now, just to survive, and after 4 months, for sleep-training ( let's be realistic)

Twinster

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 4:46 pm
You can pm me for info

luppamom

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 4:58 pm
imaima wrote:
I agree. Night nurse now, just to survive, and after 4 months, for sleep-training ( let's be realistic)

This. If you can afford it, get a night nurse until you feel more energized and able to handle them. I doubt a professional will do much good when the babies themselves don't even know what they need! Try to sleep train them yourself after 6 weeks (mostly the night/day stuff-nothing drastic). When they are around 4 mos. as imaima said, then you can try real training like CIO or non-crying methods which ever suits you. If this doesn't work, then I would recommend a sleep coach.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 5:47 pm
Thanks for replies...I guess I'll hang in there for meantime...

amother

Post Fri, Dec 26 2014, 11:15 am
My first baby on his own developed a schedule of going to bed around 10:00 pm at about 5 weeks.
And then continued to move his bedtime earlier until it reached 8:00 pm within a few weeks.

My next, a girl, slept all day and then would be up until 2:00, 3:00 pm. I was very frustrated and tried very hard to wake her during the day. Eventually her bedtime did move to 11:00 pm but it took a very long time and now, well, she's 20...

But what I'm to say is, although sleep training can help and should be tried, some babies have their own built in schedule which is very hard to change.

I found the most helpful is trying to adjust myself to theirs. When baby #8 also was a late nighter, I was able to accept it more and get myself ready for bed and then be ready for holding her and walking with her, rather than being frustrated.

So I would say, DEFINITELY try a night nurse who can train, but also try to see patterns in their schedule and try to adapt your accordingly. If this means getting some help in the day instead so you can nap or whatever it'll be.

penguin

Post Fri, Dec 26 2014, 11:57 am
OP, if you can't afford a baby nurse, contact various Bikur Cholim organizations. Many of them will subsidize the nurse for you.

If you want to tell us where you live, I am sure someone can give you contact info.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 26 2014, 5:12 pm
It's not fair to sleep train a five month old baby. It's too early ( if it is never ok).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more