Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Audiologist

amother

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 4:23 am
Does anyone here work in this profession? I am looking into studying this.
I would love to hear about it. Thank you (I am in Israel if that helps)

spring13

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 8:23 am
I'm not in the field and live in America, but when my daughter was having a hearing test I schmoozed with the audiologist and she told me it's a good job: you get decent pay (not rich, but better than, say a teacher) and there are more positions than people to fill them right now, so it's a good job market.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 11:27 pm
bump

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 1:22 am
"Audiologist"

amother wrote:
I would love to hear about it.

LOL! Rolling Laughter

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Wink I think it would be a great job. DD had to go to one several times, and it seems like a fun job, and very interesting. I hope you're good at reading graphs and charts.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 6:17 am
Please keep in mind that audiology programs are four years. It is a doctorate program and quite difficult to get into a program. But it is a great field. Anon because my daughter is in an audiology program right now.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 6:29 am
amother wrote:
Please keep in mind that audiology programs are four years. It is a doctorate program and quite difficult to get into a program. But it is a great field. Anon because my daughter is in an audiology program right now.
Are you in Israel? I was told about a program that is 3 years there where when you are in your 3rd year you are already getting offers. I am the OP.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 9:26 am
No we are not in Israel. I don't know anything about the programs there. I have heard rumors that in the US they are shortening the program to 3 years at some point. Too late for my daughter though.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics