Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does anyone else LOVE Cards Against Humanity?
Previous  1  2

mille

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:50 am
Haha, it's a great game, but I think this topic will shock and offend many more conservative folk!!

I play it in a mixed crowd of friends. I wouldn't personally play it with family, but plenty of other couples in their 20s and 30s play with us! Many of the 'disturbing' cards are so ridiculous that it's not taken seriously at all. Although you admittedly need a group that is into it, if someone is too embarrassed to read the cards or embarrassed by the content, it just won't work. We select groups very specifically.

The sets come up with blank cards to fill in your own additions. If your husband has suggestions, write them in on the blank cards! We have made a lot of custom cards with the help of friends who play with us. Some inside jokes, some Jew-y things, and some ridiculousness just for fun.

For those who haven't played it, it's similar to Apples to Apples but with very off-color jokes. Not safe for work, not safe for most frum people's sensibilities, probably Tongue Out

nicole81

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:
This is all you and dh can think of to do during those cold winter nights? In shanah rishonah yet? Oy.

Yes, this is all we can think of. Cards Against Humanity is life.

nicole81

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:55 pm
marina wrote:
Except you can't play w just two people. So you must be bonding with a few others in your Shana Rishona... How's that working out for you?

While we have our own modified version for just the two of us, I suppose there's always room to be more inclusive. After all, one of the things we were mutually attracted to in each other was our growth mindset.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 1:07 pm
sounds stupido
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics