Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Tzivos Hashem
1  2  Next

Motek

Post Tue, Oct 05 2004, 10:26 pm
Quote:
In the Autumn of 1980 a new organization was formed at the urging of the Lubavitcher Rebbe. It was called Tzivos Hashem.

The idea was unusual, in fact revolutionary; to create a global movement for Jewish children, boy under 13 years of age and girls under 12.

The movement was to have no geographical borders, no boundaries of affiliation, no barriers based on gender.

Every Jewish child would be welcome. And the sole criterion for membership in good standing was a commitment to doing good.

The vision, however, went further. Much further. Because a cornerstone of the Rebbe’s vision was to harness every conceivable technological and cultural innovation to this objective.

Art, crafts, superheros, comics, television, computer technology, robotics, CD ROM, Internet -- the very mediums which seemed to pose the greatest threat, would be used for the single purpose of stimulating Jewish pride, activity and knowledge among children.

And while the rest of the Jewish world clung to anachronistic tools that were no match for the lures of contemporary technology, Tzivos Hashem built an organization with 300,000 members...The single biggest Jewish membership organization in the entire world...

...A self-liquidating organization whose members automatically muster out when they reach Bar-Bas Mitzvah age... But for whom Bar and Bat Mitzvah is not the end of their lives as Jews. It's just the beginning.

Over the course of its history, Tzivos Hashem has ‘graduated’ some 600,000 boys and girls. And there is every reason to hope the statistics of intermarriage among these Tzivos Hashem 'veterans' will be relatively small.

are your children members of Tzivos Hashem?

Tzivos Hashem Headquarters
332 Kingston Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11213

718-467-6630

www.tzivos-hashem.org

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Oct 05 2004, 10:58 pm
I was part of Tzivos Hashem as a child and so are my children. I really am going to miss the kingston store.. boohooo boohooo

It wasn't open today.

Nechama

Post Wed, Oct 06 2004, 12:43 am
What do you mean you are going to miss the Kingston store?! Is it closing? Or are you moving?

Motek

Post Wed, Oct 06 2004, 12:31 pm
I had thought (or been told) that the Tzivos Hashem store is moving with the offices of Tzivos Hashem, when the Children's Museum opens. But someone else posted that it will not re-open, that there will be a gift shop in the museum which will have some of the same things as the old Tzivos Hashem store.

Rochel Leah

Post Sat, Oct 09 2004, 11:16 pm
I tried enrolling my son via the website, but it is only for us residents....is there any tzivos Hashem in montreal, or should I just use my grandparents address in ny?

zuncompany

Post Sun, Oct 10 2004, 12:47 am
Zu would be happy to sign him up. pm me his ful name, bday, and you address:)
sara

Chanie

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 11:35 am
Rochel Leah- I know there is Tzivos Hashem in Montreal... I was once told who to call to sign up Dovid and I never got around to it... I cannot remember right now who it was, but I'm sure it's in the directory under organizations or something.

zuncompany

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 12:04 pm
Chanie, Zu would be happy to sing up your Dovid. just pm your info! I am sending stuff in tomorrow.

Smile
Sara

Chanie

Post Wed, Oct 13 2004, 8:17 pm
Thanks Sara and thanks Zu - I'm really ganna get it done one of these days. Everything takes forever for me.
Rochel Leah - Tzivos Hashem in Montreal is run by Cohen (I'm not sure if they still live on my block, but even if they moved already their telephone number probably stayed the same) 342-0032

Liba

Post Wed, Oct 27 2004, 12:03 pm
LOL You are doing the other child a favor by letting them sign your child up. By signing up other children you get points to move up in rank.

Motek

Post Fri, Dec 03 2004, 1:35 pm
The long-awaited Grand Opening of the Jewish Children's Museum will take place on the first night of Chanuka.

Located at 792 Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn, the museum has unique, state-of-the-art, interactive exhibits. A special ceremony dedicating the museum to the memory of Ari Halberstam and a Public Menora lighting will take place at 4:00 p.m. followed by a dinner at 5:00 p.m. by reservation only. For reservations and more info call (718) 467-0600.

Rochel Leah

Post Sat, Dec 04 2004, 9:37 pm
and it costs $500 a person ( unless I read wrong in the jewsih press)

amother

Post Sat, Dec 04 2004, 10:06 pm
and children are not invited....

Motek

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 4:50 pm
the new Tzivos Hashem store:

http://chabad.info/index.php?u.....=4072

Tefila

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 5:46 pm
Thank-You Motek for posting that info!

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 3:10 pm
motek -the new number is 718-467-0600

Mandy

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 11:23 pm
Has anyone here gone to the Children's museum in Crown Heights ? What is it like ? I was thinking of going but we live far away and it would have to be a special trip.

emaof3

Post Fri, Jul 22 2005, 10:40 am
sorry for asking this so late....
but at what age can a child join??? I remember being apart as a child. but don't know how old you can be to join...

gryp

Post Fri, Jul 22 2005, 11:00 am
as soon as hes born Wink

my Mendel just got his welcome kit yesterday in the mail, and his second birthday is tonite. Smile

roza

Post Fri, Jul 22 2005, 11:00 am
1 day old .
up to bat, bar mitzvah (they have something special for teens)

try to enroll online: http://tzivos-hashem.org/enroll-tzivos.html

general website is : http://www.tzivoshashem.org/
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics