Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Asking your references if they got a call about you.........

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 4:09 pm
Is there anything wrong with asking a friend to let you know when they get a call about your kids, if you've given them as a reference for shidduchim for your kids?

Ima'la

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 4:13 pm
I don't see what's wrong with it...but then you'll know (unnecessarily) about all the guys who say no - I.e. your reference got a call, but the shidduch was never rett to you...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 4:17 pm
it might lead to disappointment.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 4:17 pm
Ima'la wrote:
I don't see what's wrong with it...but then you'll know (unnecessarily) about all the guys who say no - I.e. your reference got a call, but the shidduch was never rett to you...
People get nos all the time. Sometimes they get nos bec. they're too educated too frum, too smart, too good midos etc., SO WHAT?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 4:20 pm
OP here. The question is if you want your friend/refrence to notify you, is there something wrong Halachically or Midos-wise with that?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 4:38 pm
It is important to know if the references are being called. Sometimes the references say things that are incorrect and then it is important to find out who said what and set them straight. People usually ask references that are NOT on the list and those people often will not divulge that they were asked. Knowing that the references were called means that the shidduch is at least being considered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics