Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Festive salmon recipe needed

LikeMeDoes

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:19 pm
trying again....

I need a really good and festive recipe for salmon for our anniversary, maybe even with a sauce. I'd really appreciate any ideas.

TIA.

Last edited by LikeMeDoes on Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

loveit

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:30 pm
I saw a great salmon recipe on barefoot contessa on the food channel...let me see if I can get it off the website, it's called eli's salmon.

loveit

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:32 pm
Here's the link:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/foo.....earch

if the link doesn't work, go to www.foodnetwork.com and search for "Eli's Asian Salmon" It's by Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa. So good....and pretty easy

daisy40470

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:41 pm
I have a great salmon recipe and it's SUPER easy! Buy a fillet or whatever, and put it on a largish piece of tinfoil. Pour some olive oil on it, sprinkle on some kosher salt, pepper, and dill. Then fold up the sides of the tin foil so the fish is completely enclosed, and bake it at ~350 for about 15-20 min on each side. I think my mom says 10 min on each side, but maybe her oven works faster, who knows. Either way, just make sure it's cooked enough, and it's delicious! Good luck!

yersp

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:44 pm
I sometimes make this recipe, this is either for baby salmon or salmon fillet. It works with both:

First put a can of peas and carrots in the pan, I use any small size as long as the fish fits, then spread mayonnaise on the fish. If you're using baby salmon, smear the mayonnaise on both sides and put on top of p & c. If you're using fillet, just spread the mayo on the fish side.
On top of that pour on a can of tomato sauce (small can 8 oz), cover and bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs and uncover and bake for a little while longer.

When serving, just pour the peas and carrots on top of fish.

Good Luck!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:57 pm
I have a great easy sweet and sour that I can bump up for ou, if you'd like it.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 8:00 pm
here we are.

there are t ons of salmonr ecipes on our site!

Sweet & Sour Salmon

Sautee one or two onions in a big pot. Add a cup of sugar and cook until brown. Add a little oil if this makes you nervous. This will take 15 minutes or so.

Add four to six slices of salmon. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup vinegar, and three cups water. Add three bay leaves, a tsp salt, and about 6 tablespoons MORE sugar.

Let cook for about 40 minutes. Eat cold. Will stay good for 2 weeks in fridge

cassandra

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 9:33 pm
If you want to make a whole (or half) salmon fillet, there is a recipe in kosher by design entertains which is delicious, easy and gorgeous-- something that looks hard to make but isn't. I think it is called salmon primavera-- you artistically layer green and yellow squash and plum tomatoes over honey mustard and then sprinkle with panko or breadcrumbs. It wouldn't work for just 1-2 pieces though.

I make for parties all the time and it is really a big hit.

chummy

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 6:44 pm
Cassandra that sounds delicious. I don't have the cookbook can you give more detailed directions?

BP MOM

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 9:52 pm
I too make it for parties or yomtov when I have guests.
It is delicious and beautiful!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 10:30 pm
teriyaki salmon is delicious, pour sesame teriyake sauce over it and bake.

or u can spread duck sauce over the salmon, and sprinkle crushed nuts over that and bake it. its good!

you can make the pink salmon I make for shabbos, its very good.

cook salmon in salted water, when done, mix mayo, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, 1 bay leaf and pour over fish. slice red onions and place it over fish.
let marinate in fridge for a few hours before serving.

sunshine!

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 10:36 pm
I make a salmon wellington that is always a big hit. Let me know if you want the recipe....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics