Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach Lukshen Kugel Recipe from Ami Magazine 2014

smilingaway

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 10:05 pm
I know everyone is busy, but if anyone has this recipe and can post it, I would be very grateful.
There was a recipe in the Ami last year for a noodle kugel made using homemade pesach noodles that was absolutely delicious. It involved a lot of eggs (of course) and I think also seltzer. It was not on a full page spread; it was in a column of tried and true recipes, possibly by readers. I put it away, but it has disappeared somehow!
Thank you in advance.

smilingaway

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 11:42 pm
I found the recipe!
If anyone is interested, here it is:
2 1/2 cups sugar divided
1/4 cup oil
10 ounces seltzer or water
lukshen made from 36 eggs
12 eggs

Combine 2 cups sugar and oil in saucepan over medium-low heat and cook until sugar is melted. Add seltzer/water and remove from heat. Stir in lukshen. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with remaining 1/2 sugar. Fold into lukshen mixture. Bake in 9 X13 pan at 350 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

I'm not sure I want to put 48 eggs in a 9 X13 pan, but it sure was good last year.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:39 am
sounds like a heart attack in a pan

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:44 am
If you're craving a sweet "lokshen" kugel, why not try making it out of spaghetti squash?

minnie mouse

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:50 am
ra mom, would love a recipe for that! Without all that sugar.... Am I asking too much?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 1:44 am
minnie mouse wrote:
ra mom, would love a recipe for that! Without all that sugar.... Am I asking too much?

I don't have a recipe but would bake the spaghetti squash al dente, scrape out the squash shreds and play around with eggs, caramelized sugar, vanilla or lemon... Then maybe top with cinnamon sugar.
If you want a savory version, fresh and easy has one.

etky

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 2:38 am
I make a sweet kugel using matzo farfel that tastes exactly like my chametzdik lockshen kugel. Same easy recipe - I just sub farfel for the noodles. Alternately, for non-gebrocht, I use the potato starch noodles that are available here. People are in shock that it's not chametz.

sky

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 9:45 am
I make a salt and pepper "noodle" kugel with spaghetti squash and julliened carrots. It was very good last year. My recipe is still not out.

I also saw this: http://www.joyofkosher.com/rec.....ugel/ and was thinking maybe sugar could be used instead of the corn syrup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics