Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
DD can't have dairy or eggs

gazingblue

Post Tue, Apr 07 2015, 10:38 pm
DD, age 5, can't have dairy or eggs. We don't eat kitniyos (although for her I probably could use) and we don't do gebrochts. We use minimal bought products. We've had avocado, tuna, no-nutrition pesach cereal with milk. I'm out of ideas. What can I give her for breakfast and lunch (and on chol hamoed, lunch is many times, on the go). Dinner is easier cuz of meat. TIA.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 12:17 am
what does she usually eat for breakfast?

off the top of my head whipped coconut cream with granola for another breakfast option and turkey breast for lunch sliced cold or tuna patties or baked salmon or pan seared tilapia or chopped liver

gazingblue

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:21 am
ra_mom wrote:
what does she usually eat for breakfast?

off the top of my head whipped coconut cream with granola for another breakfast option and turkey breast for lunch sliced cold or tuna patties or baked salmon or pan seared tilapia or chopped liver

During the year she generally has a waffle with peanut butter, sprinkled sesame seeds and raisins/banana, or cereal and milk, or oatmeal-- all milk is almond milk.

How would I make whipped coconut cream with granola?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:31 am
gazingblue wrote:
During the year she generally has a waffle with peanut butter, sprinkled sesame seeds and raisins/banana, or cereal and milk, or oatmeal-- all milk is almond milk.

How would I make whipped coconut cream with granola?
I don't know if canned whole coconut milk is available for pesach but it is simple and delicious
http://www.joyofkosher.com/rec.....ream/

granola: slivered almonds, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, oil, honey - spread on cookie sheet and bake at 200 for about 30 min, stirring gently halfway through

you can also try to make waffles with almond flour, sugar, baking powder, oil, cold water...

gazingblue

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:43 am
Thanks ra_mom. Def gonna try. If not for pesach then during the year. Look delish!

More ideas please? What am I giving her for breakfast tomorrow?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 2:18 am
gazingblue wrote:
Thanks ra_mom. Def gonna try. If not for pesach then during the year. Look delish!

More ideas please? What am I giving her for breakfast tomorrow?
What is your year round waffle recipe?
Make it with almond flour tomorrow as pancakes if you don't have a waffle maker for pesach.

Maybe have her eat a bowl of sliced bananas, blueberries, and glazed nuts with chocolate syrup Smile Nothing wrong with eating fish or fleishig afterward.

c.c.cookie

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 2:26 am
My son had the same allergies (egg is gone now). He lived on matza with jelly (we don't use jelly, but did for him), matza with chocolate spread (welcome to Israel!) apple sauce, and LOTS of fruit!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics