Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
High end childrens clothing
1  2  Next

migili

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 9:59 pm
I was by whoopi today and they had the most adorable clothing for ridiculous prices. Is the quality as god as they claim? anyone experience with their stuff?

Blossom

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 10:07 pm
I once once once "fargined" myself to buy something there because I just loved it too much.
The quality is excellent. But I don't really spend those prices and I think I can get just the same quality type of clothing for cheaper.
They definitely have gorgeous stuff but for me it's look but don't touch. Very Happy

cindy324

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 10:12 pm
Are you kidding??? Why oh why would you buy a kid such expensive clothing? So he can wipe his greasy and ketchupy hands in it? So he can wear it for this season, because next season he'll have outgrown it? No matter how good quality they claim it is, they cannot possibly justify the prices they charge for it. There are plenty of quality clothing stores in BP, and they do not charge such ridiculous prices.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 10:22 pm
better yet ... you could go to the clearance rack in kids r us and get something really cute for really little $$ or a department store ... then again been there done that too ... in another life time ...

chocolate moose

I remember getting DD good Shabbos dresses, on big sales, with a brand name, and I was pretty happy with how they washed and wore . . course that's not 100% fool proof, anything you wear and wash constantly is going to get worn out, and Shabbos comes but once a week, so . . .

Sears isn't fancy shmancy, but I do believe their clothes are guaranteed! Like Lands End!

migili

I guess there are plenty of people out there who are willing to buy a $50 t-shirt to wipe ketchupy hands in cuz accrding to the owner, they are overloaded with customers

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 1:36 pm
I think it's ridiculous! Especially those $100 baby gifts I got that are dry-clean only!!

shayna82

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 1:39 pm
there is a way to make sure your kids dont get dirty wearing nice tihngs, im talking weddings, shabbos kiddushes... my husband and I both are on top of it. there is a way to make it work, not thta I buy really expensive stuff, but between them both they do have some pricy suits and outfits... I have yet to have a problem...

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 2:09 pm
shayna82 wrote:
there is a way to make sure your kids dont get dirty wearing nice tihngs, im talking weddings, shabbos kiddushes... my husband and I both are on top of it. there is a way to make it work, not thta I buy really expensive stuff, but between them both they do have some pricy suits and outfits... I have yet to have a problem...

But we're talking here about $50 weekday t-shirts, that the kids are gonna ride their bikes in, go on the slide and play in the sand with. Of course at a wedding you can expect kids to behave better and keep themselves cleaner.

Quote:
I was by whoopi today and they had the most adorable clothing for ridiculous prices. Is the quality as god as they claim? anyone experience with their stuff?

The quality is just as good as carters! People buy there cause its the cool thing to do.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 2:13 pm
Why does kids clothing need to be such great quality anyways? They're not going to wear it long enough for it to get so worn.

If you're really concerned about quality, buy kids clothing at Sears. They guarantee their clothing - if your child wears out the clothing, you can exchange it for the same size.

Marion

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 2:16 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Why does kids clothing need to be such great quality anyways? They're not going to wear it long enough for it to get so worn.

Because you're hoping (at least I do) that it will last well enough to be washed, stored, and used for the next one. Or to be passed from you to your SIL to her SIL to her SIL and back to you again.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 2:16 pm
Everyone, keep that in mind for baby gifts for Defy, when the time comes !!!!!!

CAYA

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 3:06 pm
I just lovvvvvvvveee whoopi's things, but I never bought there cuz the prices are [crazy], but I still wanna get something there one day!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 1:07 am
I honestly do not like thier stuff. I never found one thing that I just couldnt bear leaving there.

And I do love nice kids stuff. My baby is dressed beautifully and cute, and ppl always comment on it .. little do they know... I know how and where to shop without breaking the bank.
ppl seem to think, the more expensive it is, the better it is, the better the parents will feel......
Many stores and brands, I find, are mainly hype.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 1:49 am
I dress my kids nicely, but there is a time and place for everything. I have cheaper clothing like Gap for camp and then I have for every season like three nice outfits, ex. Burberry or s/g like that to have when I am going out with them, like a bris, or even to camp on visiting day. On those days they are not riding their bikes and playing in the mud. I buy it because it makes me feel good that my kids look good and do you know what, people will always stop me and smile or say oh they are so cute. People notice when your kids are dressed nicely. Also it makes my husband happy to see his kids dressed nicely. For shabbos I buy like three nice outfits for shul and bar mitzvos and kiddushim and then two play outfits. This way they will go to shul and wear s/g nice and then all afternoon to play in the mud and on the swings they are still dressed nicely but toned down that I don't care about. To me it makes me feel good so I do it, it really depends on how you feel. If you don't care then I'm sure that your kids don't care.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 9:41 am
Quote:
I have cheaper clothing like Gap

That's called cheap? I only buy GAP on sale, except winter coats. They are worth full price.

Quote:
Are you kidding??? Why oh why would you buy a kid such expensive clothing? So he can wipe his greasy and ketchupy hands in it? So he can wear it for this season, because next season he'll have outgrown it? No matter how good quality they claim it is, they cannot possibly justify the prices they charge for it. There are plenty of quality clothing stores in BP, and they do not charge such ridiculous prices.

Exactly!

Quote:
DefyGravity wrote:

Because you're hoping (at least I do) that it will last well enough to be washed, stored, and used for the next one. Or to be passed from you to your SIL to her SIL to her SIL and back to you again.

DS is wearing his older brother's clothes from Old Navy from 4 years ago & you would never know! Same goes for Childrens Place - cheap & they last if you take care of them.

GAMZu

Post Fri, Aug 10 2007, 9:33 am
There is absolutely no justification for shopping at whoopi. I am shocked at how many people are rich enough, since the store is always full.
Unless they AREN'T rich, but get sponsored by rich parents... or go into debt. Twisted Evil

I have never stepped foot in there. I buy majority of clothes at the Children's Place for average $5-$10 a piece. My kids look gorgeous in them.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 2:26 am
I think of Gap as expensive too. I wouldn't pay full price at Children's Place or Old Navy either.

So far, ds is really wearing everything he got as gifts.

My father keeps picking up $2 target onesies--that's cheap clothing! And I picked up some 5 shekel t-shirts here.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 8:48 am
catonmylap wrote:
I think of Gap as expensive too. I wouldn't pay full price at Children's Place or Old Navy either.

So far, ds is really wearing everything he got as gifts.

My father keeps picking up $2 target onesies--that's cheap clothing! And I picked up some 5 shekel t-shirts here.
True, but the Children's Place has amazing sales. I probably bought from them 3 or 4 times for full price.

The thing is that the stuff that is originally cheap (without sale) is usually not good quality and not really that cute. Although I have gotten beautiful clothes from the Walmart website by Faded Glory. Very cheap, even at full price... but not great quality.

ruthanne

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 9:48 am
[quote="momof3"]
Quote:
I have cheaper clothing like Gap

[quote]That's called cheap? I only buy GAP on sale, except winter coats. They are worth full pric.[quote]

You took the words out of my mouth!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics