Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I think people are responding to their own threads
1  2  Next

ilovesem

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:13 pm
I've seen it twice today on imamother.

People post something as amother. And they then respond to their own posts, posing as a different person. Maybe they don't know about the new colour feature.

How strange! I get so embarrased for them knowing they don't realise we can all see this, and for the fact that they are having a conversation with themselves. One poster even denied being the OP.

DrMom

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:18 pm
How do you know this was done in the 2 cases you mentioned?

With the color amother feature, there's a limit to how much someone can do this.

ilovesem

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:23 pm
These were both short threads, I think one is only one or two pages long, so not that many amothers/colours.
Op posted a question and a few responses later the same colour came up but pretending to be someone else.

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:25 pm
I've seen this happen a couple of times- two separate posts with the same amother color claiming to be different people (both cases one was the OP). I wonder if there is a way to check for a glitch in the system.

I can only imagine how many times this happened before the color feature- all those threads with tons of confusing amothers pretending to each other....

Sadie

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:26 pm
How many colors are there? If there were a thread with more amothers than colors would the colors start to be recycled?

Raisin

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:29 pm
Sadie wrote:
How many colors are there? If there were a thread with more amothers than colors would the colors start to be recycled?

I think there are a LOT of colours.

ilovesem

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:30 pm
No I've just checked, one of them is just two or three amothers later. But it looks like someone else has raised this with her now and she has responded with a little untruth...!

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:30 pm
Sadie wrote:

I think this was tested when the feature came out. After a certain amount of amother posts people just didn't get a color anymore. After that they added many, many more colors... Haven't seen a thread since with as many anonymous posts.

ms5771

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:33 pm
Sadie wrote:

I think Yael said there were something like 50 colors? Could I be wrong?

Liebs

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:36 pm
ilovesem wrote:
These were both short threads, I think one is only one or two pages long, so not that many amothers/colours.
Op posted a question and a few responses later the same colour came up but pretending to be someone else.

LOL!! really funny...they don't realize!!

ohmygosh

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 3:39 pm
I am so glad Yael added the amother color feature. I had no idea people were doing this before. Makes the thread so silly when you are talking and responding to yourself!

rr88

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 4:00 pm
I saw it once, till the person realized was so funny, she erased her post in the end
she even denied, till people explained how the colors work

Sake

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 5:00 pm
I would totally do that, not even as amother, just as myself if my family was away and I was missing them.

Sake: My kids don't pick up their junk
Sake: Nope, never
Sake: Will this ever get better?
Sake: nope just do it yourself
Sake: do-di-do-do doing it myself
Sake: I wish someone would make mommy a tea

Yeah, it would be my real life just typed out Sad

yenny

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 5:15 pm
I saw it a couple of weeks ago and I was actually blushing for for that op. When someone told her about the colors, she claimed that she wasn't on her computer all day lol. She was maybe the sixth response so I doubt it was reused.

I think if pple did respond and talk to themselves before posting some of these rants, they would see how rediculous they sound to other pple.

chani8

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 4:05 am
I wish you'd all stay quiet about it, because I like it. I like to see what people would say to themselves. So interesting. Perhaps even healing.

yenny

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 4:16 am
chani8 wrote:
I wish you'd all stay quiet about it, because I like it. I like to see what people would say to themselves. So interesting. Perhaps even healing.

Your right, Twisted Evil I think im going to write a thread like that now. What topic should I complain about? It's like self soothing. Who needs others to make them feel good about themselves.

champion

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 4:17 am
I agree with chani

June

yenny wrote:
Your right, Twisted Evil I think im going to write a thread like that now. What topic should I complain about? It's like self soothing. Who needs others to make them feel good about themselves.

see this thread:

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....23235

apparently, OP found it very comforting.

champion

so do I

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 4:22 am
chani8 wrote:
They always agree with themselves. They just do it to boost their opinion or to bump up their thread when their "important" thread is ignored (guess it's not so important embarrassed )

I think you don't see the colors if you're on a phone which is why some people just don't get this color business
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics