Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
LA Tips & Questions

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:01 am
1. Who is a great shaitel macher? What is her number & do you know her prices for a wash and set? Someone who is experienced with human hair wigs & maybe even someone for a dye though doubt I would do that with someone I am not familiar?

2. Best grocery for kosher food in the Valley or City? Address & why do you recommend it?

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:43 am
for sheitels: Fuzzy Navel Salon, 7204 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046 (323) 939-4862. My mother is getting her sheitel dyed there this week Smile

grocery: La Brea Kosher Market, 410 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (323) 931-1221

Though I personally like Glatt Mart ("the blue-awning store") on Pico the best. But La Brea Kosher has expanded in recent years and has a nice selection and good prices.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:45 am
Where do you live? Do you want a shaitel person in the city or valley? Do you care if they are Jewish or not?
I shop at western and Livonia because they are convievent for me. One is close to my house and one is close to my work. I don't have time to go out of my way to other stores. People like Glatt mart but the store makes me too stressed.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:50 am
Kayla Cohen in the valley is great for dyeing, cutting and washing wigs. I use Hilary Barak in Pico to wash/ style my wig. She charges $30.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:50 am
Valley/City doesn't make a difference to me regarding a grocery. I'll be on vacation with a car and don't mind traveling the few times that I have to get out. Do any of the groceries have take out like in NY?

As for a Shaitel macher - I don't care if the person is Jewish or not: I just want someone reliable and good!

Thanks everyone!

tichellady

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 7:05 am
Glatt mart, western kosher, Glatt mart in north Hollywood ( not sure if it's called that) and Ralph's in Hancock park, north Hollywood and Pico all have takeout. Ralph's also has kosher la brea bread.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 7:22 am
amother wrote:
Kayla Cohen in the valley is great for dyeing, cutting and washing wigs. I use Hilary Barak in Pico to wash/ style my wig. She charges $30.

Phone numbers please.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 7:24 am
Hilary: (323) 855-2582
Kayla isn't taking new customers until November

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 8:36 am
Kind fo hard to answer the question as asked BC the valley alone is gigantic and has many frum communities with tons of markets and people in each, and the city has a bazillion of markets in Beverlywood, another bazillion across town in fairfax/la brea, and Santa Monica has it's own... It all depends where you are.

For Pico area id say Pico GLatt, Livonia. Glatt Matt, Ralph's, and western kosher are all great. I think most have delivry (for sure Livonia and western. The sushi at Pico Glatt and Glatt mart is amazing and very fresh. Very high turnover at the markets so produce and food always fresh.

For wigs id say bait Miriam, fuzzy navel , Tamar sufrin, or ideally the wig fairy. She is the absolute best. But there are many many more and that's just pico.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 8:51 am
amother wrote:
Kind fo hard to answer the question as asked BC the valley alone is gigantic and has many frum communities with tons of markets and people in each, and the city has a bazillion of markets in Beverlywood, another bazillion across town in fairfax/la brea, and Santa Monica has it's own... It all depends where you are.

I know California inside and out. When I say the Valley I don't solely mean N. Hollywood / Studio City: I am just looking to hear which groceries are best and have take out. The groceries can be in Calabasas, Malibu, Encino, Santa Monica, Agoura Hills, etc. etc And yes, I know where all of those cities are and how far apart they are from one another. It's not a problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics