Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
IMPACTED CANINE TEETH

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 11:50 am
I was shocked when the dentist told me that my teenage son has his 4 canine teeth impacted bec the 4 teeth have not come out & I need to go to orthodontist for consultation. here I was all excited (before this check up) thinking he wont need braces (pretty straight teeth) & after the ortho consultation I will have to spend $5,000 on braces!!
does anyone know if there is another way. we live in lakewood so if someone can suggest a nother dentist who we can get a second opinion, I would appreciate it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 1:57 pm
Just wanted to say that I had 4 impacted canines too that had to be operated on.
No fun but it passed....

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 2:58 pm
I'm not sure if my kid's situation is the same as yours but recently, I was told that two of my kids have no room for there canines to come in...so they both had to get braces and they r 10 1/2. This will not be their real braces but cost the same Smile. It's just to make room for the canines to come in NOW! So my daughter finished her treatment after 6 months and now her canines have room to come in...she needs to wear a retainer until they do...good luck!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 5:33 pm
I cant believe that it costs the same even if your child just had braces for 6 months.
but the ortho I went to said he would have to wear brace for 2 years!!!! that did not make sense to me; unless he figured if my child will get braces - might as well work on all issues.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics