Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Using uber in northern Nj

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 12:45 pm
I need to go the the airport tomorrow with my kids. Wondering If anyone has used uber before? Would you recommend it, or not? How come? How does it work? How much ahead of time do you need to call? Is it safe? Thanx so much.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 1:21 pm
I don't live in the tri state area but I do use Uber. All drivers go through thorough background checks in every area imaginable. You have to sign up with Uber with your credit card. Then when you are ready to travel, put in your destination and they will tell you exactly when driver will show up as well as amount of ride. Input your destination approximately 15 minutes or so before you are ready. They show up quickly, as promised. Their cars are clean and the drivers really appreciate a good rating as well as a good tip. They pay Uber 28% of the quote so tips are good.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 3:20 pm
deleted

trixx

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 4:12 pm
Uber is safe and so is lyft, if you think about it even safer than a yellow cab. Bc if something happens in a yellow cab who knows, whereas your info and driver info are in the system as being paired off together.
Drivers come within 5 min. Use a referral code for money off your first trip.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 5:50 pm
Ty for all your input. I'll need a car that can fit 5 ppl plus two suitcases. Do they have that?

trixx

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 9:31 pm
You request the size car you want but that will be more expensive than regular car

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 11:22 pm
Oy! I'm so last minute! I just opened up those four news articles about different uber rapes. It really scared me! And at this point, I'm not sure if it's too late to just hire a frum car service for the early morning. Yikes!

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 6:24 am
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics