Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Does your 3 yr old walk or ride in the stroller?

zigi

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 9:26 am
I have a newborn a 2 yr old and a 3yr old. I have a valco single with a toddler seat. my baby and 2 yr old ride in the stroller and my son walks, if my son is kvetchy and tired I wear my baby. this has worked so far. but yesterday my 3yr old refused to move. my baby is getting heavier and its harder to wear him. should I get a double stroller with a 3rd seat? I live 25 (3yr old)minutes away from the shopping area (kingston). one way. what do people do? does your child walk to school every day? what do you do if they refuse to walk? Or are way too tired? thanks for the advice!

cdawnr

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 9:33 am
My son walks most of the time, unless I pull out the double and then he insists on riding.

If we only have a single, he is pretty good, but sometimes he has breakdowns and then I put the two together (18 moth old and 3 yr old) in the single seat (its squichy, but then I hope one is uncomfortable enough to volunteer to walk--usually the little one does!)

However, I am due Sept 1 and am definiitely interested in how to handle this one!

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 9:34 am
depends on how long the walk is... If it's a short walk my 4 year old rides his bike.

smiley:)

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 9:46 am
My (almost) 2 yr old walked... till his brother came along a month ago and now the 2 yr old suddenly needs to sit!!! We thought we'd get away without a double stroller but guess whats being delivered on Sunday??

suomynona

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 10:09 am
smiley:) wrote:
My (almost) 2 yr old walked...

he he. I'm just imagining my son walking. He'd have no problem walking - just in the opposite direction! I always need to take the stroller along if I don't want him to end up at the other side of town.
He's a lot younger than 3 though.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 10:11 am
Zigi, does a buggy board work on the Valco? I know it will make it hard to push, but it may help you a bit. Otherwize, convince him that he has to walk, he's a big boy.

red sea

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 10:38 am
I would think that the 3 yr old would be very interested in riding in the carriage with a newborn around. Can the 2 & 3 yr olds take turns walking?

momof2

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 12:42 pm
I have a newborn, a 1 yr old and a 2 yr old kah, I put my newborn and one yr old in the double stroller and my 2 yr old walks holding on...but we cant go anywhere far like that. we hav ea double mcclaren. is there a like a standing piece that I can attach to my stoller so my 2 yr old can stand in the back????

zigi

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 3:50 pm
mom of 3 thanks for the idea,I will try the buggy board. my dh did put the baby and 2 yr old together and he said that it worked. smiley;) enjoy the stroller. its a releif just to put the kid that doesn't want to leave the park etc... in a stroller. mitzvah mom how did you cross the street with your son? my 2yr old phsyically can walk but she wants to go far away across town to meet up with soumynona's ds Wink

Pickle Lady

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 4:56 pm
truth islast summer when I was in your situation I did have the double valco with the toddler seat. It was really worth it to me. I went out a ton becasue my son also couldn't walk that far. Last summer I was a big fan of the brooklyn childrens museum and he couldn't walk that far. Also in the heat he was much more kvetchy about walking. I personally think that pushing the single valco with the toddler seat is really really difficult and much easier in the double. The only thing is that its large.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 5:21 pm
Maybe he should not be out when he is that tired.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 6:41 pm
my 3 year old walks. If for some reason the option is there he rides (e.g. if we have the double stroller or the wagon with us). If not, he walks without a problem. I feel very strongly that kids should walk. They certainly have more energy than I do, and I walk!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers