Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
This forum is infuriating. Vaccinate your kids!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

suremom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 10:42 am
mommyla wrote:
That's because most people don't GET those diseases anymore!

realy? chicken pox, whooping cough aka croup, measles, mumps?
and when did people yes get rubella in usa?

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 10:52 am
suremom wrote:
whooping cough aka croup

Croup is a viral infection resulting in an inflamed windpipe.
Pertussis (Whooping Cough) is a bacterial infection which starts out similarly to a cold and progresses to a severe whoop which is heard when children inhale after coughing to the point that many vomit or cannot breath caused by physical damage from the bacteria. (Actually, infants often cannot whoop and just turn blue or pass out from the lack of oxygen). No, I'm not fear mongering here, I'm just trying to clarify that the two diseases are different.
Croup and Whooping are not the same and are not interchangeable. Croup is rarely as severe as Whooping Cough.

suremom wrote:

and when did people yes get rubella in usa?

Yes, people did get Rubella in the United States, and babies were born with congenital birth defects after their pregnant mothers had been infected with Rubella while carrying them.

mommyla

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 10:58 am
Thank you for explaining, Scrabble. suremom, when you make statements like that, you're discrediting your arguments.

And no, I don't know anyone from my generation who's had the measles or mumps. None of my friends' kids had chicken pox (though we all did as kids, and yes, I know people who did not come out of it unscathed). B"H I don't know anyone personally who's had whooping cough, though practically everyone has had a croupy kid at some point or another.

My parents had measles and mumps, and they know people who have suffered greatly as a result. I personally know a few polio survivors.

suremom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:07 am
Scrabble123 wrote:

Yes, people did get Rubella in the United States, and babies were born with congenital birth defects after their pregnant mothers had been infected with Rubella while carrying them.

after the vaccine came out a lot of cases were renamed croup as whooping cough CANT be it as they got vaccinated. just like polio was renamed gbs, meningitis etc.
rubella is dangerous if preg woman gets it before 11 weeks gestation and it is almost always in foreign born women from undernourished origin.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:16 am
suremom wrote:
after the vaccine came out a lot of cases were renamed croup as whooping cough CANT be it as they got vaccinated. just like polio was renamed gbs, meningitis etc.
rubella is dangerous if preg woman gets it before 11 weeks gestation and it is almost always in foreign born women from undernourished origin.

I'm so sorry. You do realize that each virus and bacterium has a specific look and can be confirmed and verified? You cannot just diagnosis someone with Guillain-Barre syndrome when it is indeed polio. You also realize that they present themselves differently and have different symptoms and treatments.

Polio is neither the same as Guillain-Barre syndrome nor Meningitis. Polio is a viral disease that has been eradicated in the US. It invades the intestinal system and later the nervous system, where around 10% of individuals will develop the common symptoms we associate with polio such as paralysis, need to be in an iron lung, etc.. Meningitis may be caused by bacteria, viruses, fungus, or even an amoeba. It is an infection in an around the meninges in the brain. Guillain-Barre syndrome is when an individual's immune system attacks its own cell. It is not contagious and the medical world is not 100% certain of its cause (it tends to appear more in individuals over the age of 50 after they have been infected with a respiratory illness such as the flu or the common cold).

You cannot call something croup when it is not. Whooping Cough is very distinct and causes a whoop and is treated with antibiotics. It is true that vaccinated individuals may come down with whooping cough and not have the typical symptoms, but a mucus test will test positive for the pertussis bacteria. Croup is a virus and the cough caused by cough is nothing like the cough caused by Pertussis. It also affects a different part of the airways/lungs/breathing.

Yes, Rubella is more common in foreign born, malnourished individuals than those in the United States because they are less likely to have access to medical care (and vaccinations).

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:21 am
Think1st wrote:
I understand you concern once they reach age 10, another option may be taking a titter test 1st. It is possible that they had it so mild it was not noticed but they have immunity.

It's moot now. My kids all got it. Though two members of my family got it twice: the first time was a rigorous case below a year, the second mild.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:22 am
suremom wrote:
1. if my child decides not to follow my ways I.e. have more than 1 partner etc. they can choose to get vaccine then, not under my care.
2 id rather have my child 'suffering and school work loss' than have them contract shingles later on in life as studies have shown that kids who got varicella vaccine vs. chicken pox have increased chance of getting shingles.
3. I know more injuries from vaccines than I do from the diseases they shield.

1- ok. Just understand that once a person is s-xually active it is too late for the vaccine to be helpful. In addition, as we've seen on this forum most orthodox people dont choose to have multiple partners (divorce, or the dh cheats- men can get hpv and pass it on to their wives and this does not show up on std testing).
2- Actually recent studies have not shown that linkage.
3- you can thank herd immunity for that. Be grateful that vaccines have enabled you to not see that.

think1st- I do not understand the metaphors you you use, but please understand that reported effects do not equal absolute causation. If you are worried about your kids getting cancer you should absolutely encourage them to use sunscreen though. You can find plenty of articles about it Smile

suremom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:37 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
I'm so sorry. You do realize that each virus and bacterium has a specific look and can be confirmed and verified? You cannot just diagnosis someone with Guillain-Barre syndrome when it is indeed polio. You also realize that they present themselves differently and have different symptoms and treatments.

Polio is neither the same as Guillain-Barre syndrome nor Meningitis. Polio is a viral disease that has been eradicated in the US. It invades the intestinal system and later the nervous system, where around 10% of individuals will develop the common symptoms we associate with polio such as paralysis, need to be in an iron lung, etc.. Meningitis may be caused by bacteria, viruses, fungus, or even an amoeba. It is an infection in an around the meninges in the brain. Guillain-Barre syndrome is when an individual's immune system attacks its own cell. It is not contagious and the medical world is not 100% certain of its cause (it tends to appear more in individuals over the age of 50 after they have been infected with a respiratory illness such as the flu or the common cold).

You cannot call something croup when it is not. Whooping Cough is very distinct and causes a whoop and is treated with antibiotics. It is true that vaccinated individuals may come down with whooping cough and not have the typical symptoms, but a mucus test will test positive for the pertussis bacteria. Croup is a virus and the cough caused by cough is nothing like the cough caused by Pertussis. It also affects a different part of the airways/lungs/breathing.

Yes, Rubella is more common in foreign born, malnourished individuals than those in the United States because they are less likely to have access to medical care (and vaccinations).

the cure for them is not vax. its proper nourishment...
as for renaming, they just change the symptoms of xyz. so what was in 1950 (before vaccines) was considered polio is now not because list of symptoms changed.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:45 am
suremom wrote:
as for renaming, they just change the symptoms of xyz. so what was in 1950 (before vaccines) was considered polio is now not because list of symptoms changed.

I was unable to follow what you're saying here about Polio. Polio is a virus. Do you know that each virus looks different under a microscope? Do you also know that they develop different titers? Something cannot be called Polio if it is really the Flu or Ebola or Meningitis. Medicine uses facts and proof to back something up. You cannot just say something and expect people to believe it. Polio has always been the same polio (that virus has not mutated or something).
Also, are you saying that proper nourishment prevents Rubella infection? "The rubella virus passes from person to person through tiny drops of fluid from the nose and throat through sneezing and coughing. People who have rubella are most contagious from 1 week before to 1 week after the rash appears. Someone who is infected but has no symptoms can still spread the virus." It's always good to have proper nutrition, but once you are exposed, unless you ae immune from previous infection or vaccination, you will come down with the virus.

You really need to learn more about science, the scientific method, microscopes, viruses, bacteria, immunity, etc. Polio was most common in children, Gullain-Barre in individuals over the age of 50, and meningitis in people in close living quarters (dorm rooms, barracks, etc.). That's not even the same demographic let alone the differences in symptoms, causes, treatments, etc.

return2You

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 6:58 pm
suremom wrote:

Sure mom is probably following the school of thought by homeopaths. This is a common theory of theirs. I once took my son to a homeopath and was flabbergasted when he told me that my son had tuberculosis, or meningitis, different symptoms, same cause. That's why ( according to him) ds was displaying xyz symptoms. I took my son and ran.

SorGold

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:17 pm
suremom wrote:

Source for this info please?

suremom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:26 pm
SorGold wrote:
Source for this info please?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....fc4Tg

just one of 'em

suremom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:28 pm
https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....q542Q

SorGold

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:37 pm
suremom wrote:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=20&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CIIBEBYwE2oVChMIgaeE-4zQyAIVyMo-Ch16wwCg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvactruth.com%2F2012%2F04%2F25%2Fchange-names-of-diseases%2F&usg=AFQjCNGEBJdE3adrs7t0M01SnlOaFq542Q

The sources/articles arent too reliable or very scientific and dont have original sources...

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:45 pm
suremom wrote:
1. if my child decides not to follow my ways I.e. have more than 1 partner etc. they can choose to get vaccine then, not under my care.
2 id rather have my child 'suffering and school work loss' than have them contract shingles later on in life as studies have shown that kids who got varicella vaccine vs. chicken pox have increased chance of getting shingles.
3. I know more injuries from vaccines than I do from the diseases they shield.

1. There is an age limit for those vaccines that help "those that go against your ways". Plus what about if your perfect child marries someone who is a BT, Ger, was previously married, went off the "derech", or who made a mistake?? Do you want your child to face the consequences?
3. And I know someone (vaccinated) who almost killed their sibling because they went to school. This sibling is seriously ill. Very low immune system and a "typical fever" or cold lands them in the PICU. A classmate had the mumps. Germs got brought home.
BH the sibling survived. But what if he didn't? That non vaccinated kid would have killed an innocent, sweet, sick child. Who had no choice in the matter and NEVER goes to school. Doesn't go to the park etc because too many germs.
But almost died because of an unvaccinated kid.
I vaccinate to protect my kid. And the siblings of everyone they may be in contact with. Those who have had transplants. Are on chemo. Have a low immune system. Or are newborns, the elderly, work in any of these populations or have any other condition that makes them more vulnerable...

Think1st

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:47 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
1- ok. Just understand that once a person is s-xually active it is too late for the vaccine to be helpful. In addition, as we've seen on this forum most orthodox people dont choose to have multiple partners (divorce, or the dh cheats- men can get hpv and pass it on to their wives and this does not show up on std testing).
2- Actually recent studies have not shown that linkage.
3- you can thank herd immunity for that. Be grateful that vaccines have enabled you to not see that.

think1st- I do not understand the metaphors you you use, but please understand that reported effects do not equal absolute causation. If you are worried about your kids getting cancer you should absolutely encourage them to use sunscreen though. You can find plenty of articles about it Smile

HPV will NOT cause cervical cancer if you keep TH ,

Most sunscreens are many times more harmful than overexposure to sun. Sunshine IS FREE & will convert cholesterol into vitamin D. the whole cholesterol myth is a scam to sell statins

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:52 pm
Think1st wrote:
HPV will NOT cause cervical cancer if you keep TH ,

Most sunscreens are many times more harmful than overexposure to sun. Sunshine IS FREE & will convert cholesterol into vitamin D. the whole cholesterol myth is a scam to sell statins

Your point about hpv and TH is unfortunately 1000% wrong. Who told you that?

So you don't think too much unprotected sun exposure, free or not, can cause melanoma?

Think1st

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 7:21 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Your point about hpv and TH is unfortunately 1000% wrong. Who told you that?

So you don't think too much unprotected sun exposure, free or not, can cause melanoma?

Any proof?

suremom

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 8:10 am
LittleDucky wrote:
1. There is an age limit for those vaccines that help "those that go against your ways". Plus what about if your perfect child marries someone who is a BT, Ger, was previously married, went off the "derech", or who made a mistake?? Do you want your child to face the consequences?
3. And I know someone (vaccinated) who almost killed their sibling because they went to school. This sibling is seriously ill. Very low immune system and a "typical fever" or cold lands them in the PICU. A classmate had the mumps. Germs got brought home.
BH the sibling survived. But what if he didn't? That non vaccinated kid would have killed an innocent, sweet, sick child. Who had no choice in the matter and NEVER goes to school. Doesn't go to the park etc because too many germs.
But almost died because of an unvaccinated kid.
I vaccinate to protect my kid. And the siblings of everyone they may be in contact with. Those who have had transplants. Are on chemo. Have a low immune system. Or are newborns, the elderly, work in any of these populations or have any other condition that makes them more vulnerable...

so the vaccine that they get in the hospital for hep b will protect them in 20 years from now? vaccine immunity wears off over time.
any proof that the kid who had mumps was not vaccinated?
people have this conception that people who dont vaccinate are totally disease ridden and carry around every type of virus and bacteria...
most people I know who dont vaccinate actually take great measures that their kids immune system should be able to fight off on its own.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 9:03 am
suremom wrote:
so the vaccine that they get in the hospital for hep b will protect them in 20 years from now? vaccine immunity wears off over time.
any proof that the kid who had mumps was not vaccinated?
people have this conception that people who dont vaccinate are totally disease ridden and carry around every type of virus and bacteria...
most people I know who dont vaccinate actually take great measures that their kids immune system should be able to fight off on its own.

The kid and their family admitted it. That's good enough proof...
Yes, they may not necessarily be Petri dishes of germs and disease. But during a outbreak of a contagious but preventable disease I might not let my family have a sleepover or play date with kids who aren't vaccinated. I know way to many immunocompromised, elderly or infant individuals. And if I knew that they may have gotten sick by coming to my kid's birthday party I couldn't forgive myself...

And I didn't mention hep b anywhere. I was talking about hpv... That can only come via S-x. And there is an age limit on vaccination. Hep b can come about through any infected blood or bodily fluid... Like touching someone's open sore or wound, sharing a toothbrush etc. not necessarily through relations and could happen CV to little kids...
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics