Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I'm distraught

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 12:24 pm
I don't know what to do. We have an enormous amount of debt that bh we have been able to be slowly but surely paying off. My husband just lost his second job that he had taken to help us make ends meet and also help us pay off this debt. I work beyond full time at a demanding job. I am freaking out because our new monthly income will not be enough to cover minimum credit card payments, mortgage, tuition, childcare, food, etc. I don't know what to do. Please don't tell me to charge everything to my card, I'm not interested in going more into debt because of this.
Do you know of any organizations that can offer help? I hate asking for this but I feel really stuck.

Iyh he'll find another job soon so this won't be a long term thing....

zigi

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 12:34 pm
Mesilla or a debt consolidation agency. hugs and hatzlacha!

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 12:34 pm
Sorry. Me too. :-( just know you're not alone. So stressful when it is just not sustainable anymore. :-( hugs.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 1:03 pm
Sorry to hear. People speak well of Tomchei Shabbos.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=t.....TDFJS

The person on the phone there might also know other people to talk to, offering other services. In addition to theirs.

Hugs and Good Shabbos.

SRS

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 1:17 pm
It sounds like, until now, you had the income to cover expenses and slowly pay off your debt? How did you end up with debt in the first place and what types?
If you were to put the kids in public school, how long would it take you to knock out your debt completely?
Is your childcare the type that you can pull out while your husband is in between jobs or are you obligated?

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 3:03 pm
Have you tried negotiating the debt with the credit card company.
This is a real thing. Negotiate with them to give you zero interest and to start payments six months from now. Explain to them exactly how you explained to us. Let them know that you have been steadily paying off the debt. If they don't agree then ask them what their best offer is.
Also talk to the school and see if they can give you a break on tuition until the situation gets better.
If you don't have to pay the credit cards, will you at least be able to cover your monthly expenses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics