Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Boy has crush on me

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 9:00 pm
Please no negativity. I work in a school for boys with social and emotional problems. A teenager has a crush on me. I'm just wondering would you be flattered or horridied

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 9:03 pm
Amused. and feel pity. (I have and am now working with teenage boys)

Last edited by amother on Wed, Aug 10 2016, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sake

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 9:05 pm
I would feel sad for him.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 11:31 am
Neither. It happens.

You may need to set more clear boundaries with you students to keep their emotions in check.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 11:37 am
It wouldn't bother me. that's the way teenagers are.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 11:46 am
Definitely would not be flattered...

dr. pepper

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 12:46 pm
I agree with the amused reaction.
But please consider setting clear boundaries (if you don't already)...if not for your sake, then for theirs.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 1:08 pm
- Set Clear Boundaries.
- Discuss it with your supervisor and have it documented. (I know of a case were a teen was trying to make a teacher interested in her and after he ignored it a few times she reported him for inappropriate behavior, because there was a documented history of what was going on and it was constantly discussed with supervisor it didn't get blown out proportion).

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 1:13 pm
Yes I definitely discussed it with supervisor and set clear boundaries .. And I do find it amusing and pitiful . I am not his teacher so dnt have direct contact with him

zaq

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 4:32 pm
It would depend on what he does to show his feelings. Annoyed, possibly. Amused, possibly. Pitying, probably. Not flattered. What's flattering about it if the kid is not 100%?

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 6:31 pm
I wouldn't be either. I wouldn't be horrified, he is a teenage boy, not a monster. It's nothing to be horrified about. I wouldn't be flattered since he's clearly a vulnerable person and for me to feel flattered wouldn't be appropriate, he's not my husband.
He's not a monster for having a crush on a female. It just means that you need to keep distance from him. For example, switch classes. This will help to dissolve the feelinhs he has towards you, hopefully.
I know it sounds mean, but if he's made awarr that he's not anything "special" to you then he will forget about you after a while. Of course all children and teenagers should be made to feel special by their teachers, that's why you should swap with another teacher, who he doesn't have a crush on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics