Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lymph nodes

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 1:59 pm
My son is two and half years old. On Pesach I noticed a lump on his neck and got really really nervous. We took him to the doctor who said that it is an enlarged lymph node that is probably responding to strept thoat. She took a culture and sure enough it was positive. She said the node should go down in 6 weeks. It didnt go down so I went back to doctor who tested my son for strept and it came back positive again. All the times I've been to doctor since I always mentioned the node, the doctor always feels it and says it feels right, its soft and movable and hes not worried even if its enlarged. I went yesterday for a flu shot for my son and once again brought up the node and he told me that it still feels right but its hanging out for a long time I should get it checked out by a general surgeon. I have an an appointment on Monday and being a mother I am nervous...Did any one else have children with enlarged lymph nodes that turned out to be nothing and how long did they stick around for? Were you sent to a surgeon to check it out?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 3:30 pm
I've had it as an adult. They did have to remove one surgically to test, but bh it was non cancerous.
My friend had a similar scare.
Be"h all will be well. I have you in my prayers.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 7:52 pm
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics